Fletcher

Did Rahseed duck?

3 minutes ago, Molsen said:

Its been stated a few times on this board that psu doesnt duck. So obviously not a duck. Doesnt matter how good he looked in his previous match.

But wait the duck "rules" state that if you wrestle the previous match and the next match, then it is a duck... so unless he ff his first match of ncaas, its gotta be a duck... right?

Normally, but NCAA tournament matches aren't counted as part of the duck "rules."  Therefore, Rasheed would have to forfeit his first match next season to receive official credit for having ducked Martin.  (And that's assuming he gets a sixth year.)

Just now, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Normally, but NCAA tournament matches aren't counted as part of the duck "rules."  Therefore, Rasheed would have to forfeit his first match next season to receive official credit for having ducked Martin.  (And that's assuming he gets a sixth year.)

Now you're just being silly.

3 hours ago, DocBZ said:

"Trainer" decision....*cough*

"The risk of further harm to your injured knee with each additional match you wrestle outweighs the reward of finishing first instead of second at Big Tens" seems like something the trainer might have decided. 

Unless Venz hurt him, it is a duck. Ducking is becoming the new cultural norm for college teams. Fans apologize for their own team's behavior and seeders do the same.

I've heard "guys like Spencer Lee *insert stud* don't care about seeds" many times and that may be right, but the coaches absolutely care about them. Higher seeds mean more team points

I've stated before and I still believe it, a Inj Default should be treated as the best they could do on that day. And the best they can do should be reflected in rankings and seedings. Our assumption should be if they are healthy enough to wrestling, they wrestle. If they are not healthy enough to wrestle, an injury default is about the best they could do.

4 hours ago, russelscout said:

Not to protect his seed. To keep Martin from getting a look at him before nattys and give himself the best chance to win in 2 weeks. Thats is just my opinion.

Any rational person who has no agenda, is not a PSU fan or likes wrestling KNOWS this is exactly why. Here's another question to think of. If Martin had gotten hurt God forbid or lost his semi-final match, do you think Rasheed would have forfeited then or do you think he would have wrestled?

Rasheed = coward.  Wrestling is not for everyone.  If you’re afraid to wrestle someone just say it.  Don’t hide.

This crap is not good for the sport.  It’s getting tiring.

Rasheed = coward.  Wrestling is not for everyone.  If you’re afraid to wrestle someone just say it.  Don’t hide.

Tupac didn’t duck. Carl the Coward did it for him & blamed the trainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s not be ignorant. If you think it was Shaks decision you’re clueless.

If you want to blame Cael or hate that he didn’t take the mat vs Martin is one thing. But to call any of these kids “cowards” is really weak sauce

And this is coming from the author of the “duck criteria”.

Rule number 1..never doubt the athlete because all of them want to compete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will give them the benefit of doubt and figure it is health related. He made the big Dance, why risk it when the guy has been having problems all season long?

If anyone were going to duck - it would have been Cassar.

I don't see Cael's guys ducking competition at all.

14 hours ago, buf87 said:

Rasheed should be discounted for not wrestling the finals.  To me it is a loss.  I think if you forfeit out of a qualifying tournament, your seed should automatically drop a couple spots.

Micic should drop a fair amount, because of defaulting out so early. 

That’s fair to the “offending” wrestler, and initially I usually agree. But in the end the guy(s) that get punished the most by that are other wrestlers. You want Fix to get Micic in the semis? Maybe a guy like Suriano gets him in the quarters? 

2 hours ago, dubs said:

That’s fair to the “offending” wrestler, and initially I usually agree. But in the end the guy(s) that get punished the most by that are other wrestlers. You want Fix to get Micic in the semis? Maybe a guy like Suriano gets him in the quarters? 

I understand that is an issue.  But if the guy truly isn't 100%, then it shouldn't matter.  If wrestlers aren't punished for defaulting after reaching an allocation spot, I could see this becoming a more popular trend.

If Rasheed doesn't win an NCAA title, it would be interesting hearing him explain to his kids 20 years from now how he could have wrestled in the Big Ten final and possibly won a title, but forfeited for strategic reasons.

6 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

If Rasheed doesn't win an NCAA title, it would be interesting hearing him explain to his kids 20 years from now how he could have wrestled in the Big Ten final and possibly won a title, but forfeited for strategic reasons.

I though he and Carl want to wrestle, but the darn trainer overruled them?

Take a look at the PSU team pictures after they won the B10's. Rasheed was very unhappy and covering his head with a hoodie. I sense Carl  kept him out and that Rasheed would have liked to wrestle. Carl was thinking team for the  Nationals and Rasheed wanted to go.

Just now, dwkeller said:

Take a look at the PSU team pictures after they won the B10's. Rasheed was very unhappy and covering his head with a hoodie. I sense Carl  kept him out and that Rasheed would have liked to wrestle. Carl was thinking team for the  Nationals and Rasheed wanted to go.

Sounds like Suriano after he was unable to participate in NCAAs.  Rasheed to Rutgers?

22 minutes ago, dwkeller said:

Please post this picture, because the photo on the PSU wrestling homepage does not show a single person with their head covered by a hoodie.

21 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Why would he duck. He has way more too gain from feeling martin than the inverse?

MAYBE they don't want to spill the beans on the game plan? That sorta makes sense because they do a better job game planning than anyone.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Shak was in any worse condition going into the finals as he was going into the semis. For that reason, I think it was a duck. Shak's best chance to win is in their first meeting. I don't expect this to happen, but I see the only way Shak wins is if he cradles Martin (this is not to diminish Shak as a wrestler, since he has proved his is more of a wrestler than just a cradler) or if he can find a way to ride him for a good portion of the match, which would require a takedown. Martin is the better wrestler and has one of the most diverse offenses in the country. I think he would use the feel from the first match to avoid uncomfortable positions in a rematch. Martin's ability to adapt his game plan after a first meeting is better than Shak's. Either way, I think he will win comfortably.