Tomaco411

Flo wrestling subscriptions

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Naw, its jus bidness friend. 

And unhappy customers, are just business 

4 minutes ago, TheOhioState said:

Flo did that on purpose- without a doubt.  I bet they caught a lot of people who just wanted to test it for a month to see if they liked it.  Sneaky b******s.

The veterans on this page think it's obvious, but it's not.

Didn't Flo have monthly subscriptions in the past?

At least someone agrees 

For future reference the BTN Plus pass would have allowed you to watch the quarterfinals and you can sign up for a monthly pass for $15 and cancel it at any time. You will have access to the content for the full month you paid for. I sign up mid Dec. and cancel it right after the tournament.

I'm not sure how Flow is laid out but BTN does not allow you to select single matches for the tournament so if you miss it live you would have to watch the entire session and know what mat you need to view to catch a single match.  That part is definitely annoying.

Just now, Juanma25 said:

For future reference the BTN Plus pass would have allowed you to watch the quarterfinals and you can sign up for a monthly pass for $15 and cancel it at any time. You will have access to the content for the full month you paid for. I sign up mid Dec. and cancel it right after the tournament.

I'm not sure how Flow is laid out but BTN does not allow you to select single matches for the tournament so if you miss it live you would have to watch the entire session and know what mat you need to view to catch a single match.  That part is definitely annoying.

Thanks, I think I could of watched it free on BTN. I didn’t figured that out til the next morning. 

This wasn’t my proudest moment. 

14 minutes ago, Tomaco411 said:

That’s an excellent idea, do they cover synchronized swimming 

Be very careful with that one.  Believe their advertised rate is only $1.29/mo/swimmer paid yearly.  So lets say 12 synchro swimmers, that'll cost ya $185.76, course you can still cancel anytime after one year :)

22 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

You lease a car... Payment is $400/month, based on $14,400 total lease paid over 3 years (36 months). 

Do you expect to use the car for one month and get out of the remaining $14,000 on the lease?

The obvious difference is that with a car, you actually pay $400/month. In this case, you never actually pay $12.50/month.  What are they trying to do? Demonstrate that they can divide by 12? 

I'm just guessing here but I'd imagine Flo was running into problems with monthly billing.  People cancel accounts or don't keep the necessary funds on hand.  I'd prefer a monthly deduction but 150 is dirt for what Flo provides.

I have built subscription pricing models in the past. The $12.50/month with annual payment up front is pretty normal. What they absolutely change is the initial graphic that reads $12.50/month cancel anytime. That is super misleading. 

I'm a big Flo supporter. I chime into many of the Flo bashing threads to defend them, so I'm not just piling on here. 

They have no obligation to offer a monthly option, and they actually got rid of it. Previously they were asking $30/month for that plan. That is completely fine, as their investors only care about gross ARR increases, churn and upsell. Offering a $30/month plan when they know it will churn after the collegiate season is a poor business decision for them. The issue here is simply the first graphic. It is either intentionally misleading (not cool and also just a dumb business practice) or they didn't update it since removing the monthly plan option. It is a simple fix, as it is just a graphic change. They should do it today.

Do they offer multiple subscription plans?  Why does it say "plans starting at $12.50/month"?

Anyway, I agree that it states it right there before you put your CC info in.  While I think it's BS that they wouldn't refund you entirely (and therefore lost you as ever being a customer again), I'm not sure they can confirm if you actually watched any programming.  How do they know if you weren't trying to scam them and watch content for free?  Just playing devil's advocate.  At the end of the day, they're a business and choose to run their business as they see fit.  I personally would have refunded you the entire amount and hoped to gain you as a customer if I ever offered a monthly subscription service again (it's clear you weren't going to pay for a whole year).  But they chose not to.  At least you got the majority of your money back.

With that said, I just signed up for a subscription for the first time about 2 weeks ago and love the content.  I've watched about 5 of the films so far and they're great.

Edited by The_MO_Godfather

Flo can be annoying at times and I'm in no way affiliated with the organization other that being a subscriber.  Most of their talking heads are barely tolerable, the feed spotty at times, and for those who watched the big 10's, their cameramen need to pay more attention to the action on the mat that they're working.  That being said, it's a great subscription for the price.  Considering that those of us of a certain age never got to see most of what they broadcast, it's well worth the money.  Seriously...did you ever think you'd be able to watch a senior level freestyle tournament in Siberia  from the comfort of your own home?  Growing up, the best we could do was view a couple minutes of freestyle once every 4 years when they were broadcast on the olympics.  Want to watch a youth level national tournament?  Better gas up the family truckster because there's no way you'd ever see that one otherwise.  But because of Flo and $150 a year,  you get to see all of that and much more.  For those of you who say it's too much, ask yourself what else you're spending your money on?  $0.42 a day!  That's right...$0.42 per day.  

Edited by Gasman1

30 minutes ago, Gasman1 said:

Flo can be annoying at times and I'm in no way affiliated with the organization other that being a subscriber.  Most of their talking heads are barely tolerable, the feed spotty at times, and for those who watched the big 10's, their cameramen need to pay more attention to the action on the mat that they're working.  That being said, it's a great subscription for the price.  Considering that those of us of a certain age never got to see most of what they broadcast, it's well worth the money.  Seriously...did you ever think you'd be able to watch a senior level freestyle tournament in Siberia  from the comfort of your own home?  Growing up, the best we could do was view a couple minutes of freestyle once every 4 years when they were broadcast on the olympics.  Want to watch a youth level national tournament?  Better gas up the family truckster because there's no way you'd ever see that one otherwise.  But because of Flo and $150 a year,  you get to see all of that and much more.  For those of you who say it's too much, ask yourself what else you're spending your money on?  $0.42 a day!  That's right...$0.42 per day.  

Payment

DAILY 

$0.42/day

$150.00 Paid Yearly

Biggest fan of flowrestling in the world right here. I love what they do. However I had to log back in for some reason and when I saw the sign that said 12.50 a month and then whatever it is yearly I said to myself I thought they were no longer doing monthly subscriptions. It doesn't say 12.50 a month and you will be billed 150 yearly at least mine didn't. I'm a member I don't care one way or the other but I thought it was misleading as well

1 hour ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Payment

DAILY 

$0.42/day

$150.00 Paid Yearly

Now I'm having visions of Sally Struthers begging for money to feed to hungry in Africa.

sally-struthers-african-children.jpg

hungry_kids___yeah_right_by_chongo_zilla

Edited by lu_alum

2 hours ago, ThorsteinV said:

The obvious difference is that with a car, you actually pay $400/month. In this case, you never actually pay $12.50/month.  What are they trying to do? Demonstrate that they can divide by 12? 

Again, several online outlets do this. It’s a marketing scheme to help you see the breakdown for the entire year, and attempt to convince you it isn’t that bad. Can $150 be a lot in one swoop, yes but I pay it one time and then i am good for the year. Also, 95% of companies give a discount when you pay for the whole year up front, the local car wash gives out memberships that you can eventually go enough and get car washes for free. If they still had the monthly option it would most likely be 20–25 dollars. Even back then people complained about paying 25 dollars for one match, article, documentary. Some people just can never be pleased. 

Much of what you said isn't at all relevant to my post.  The OP was not complaining that $12.50/mo or $150/year was too much; instead, that they viewed it as misleading.  First page states: "Plans from $12.50/month," then on the second page in big, bold font: $12.50/mo.  Sure, it's a marketing scheme but some people view that marketing scheme as misleading.  They do not have plans, they have one plan and that plan is $150/year.  Even in the fine print, they refer to monthly plans that they simply do not offer. 

Oh, and I'm pretty sure my local car wash allows me the opportunity to pay per wash as well; Flo not so much.  

3 hours ago, Tomaco411 said:

And unhappy customers, are just business 

At least someone agrees 

I agree.  Flo is interested in money now, period.  And if they have to use misleading advertising, I'm sure they have no problem with that.

Please excuse my ignorance but I’m new to this site, and in all honesty I’m mostly here out of spite,  and a sense of public service(which I’m sure you guys hate), but was Flo ever more of  an enthusiast  site that was bought out by the bigger organization in an effort to monetize it?