Sign in to follow this  
restlefan

At-Large Bids Released

3 minutes ago, PSUMike said:

What do you think?

Well I know how extreme some PSU fans can be from reading comments on flow and your sig leave a little doubt. If your not joking then be prepared for facts to come next.

Edited by Sublime607

2 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

Well I know how extreme some PSU fans can be from reading comments on flow and your sig leave a little doubt. If your not joking then be prepared for facts to come next.

I've been described as one of the more rational Penn State fans on the board. Even if, by some miracle, Schnupp did get a bid, the possibility of him contributing to the team score is basically nil, especially now with full seeding. 

On a more serious note, I'm happy to see Caffey get a bid for MSU. He didn't have the best tournament but he's definitely good enough to make some noise. 

10 minutes ago, PSUMike said:

I've been described as one of the more rational Penn State fans on the board. Even if, by some miracle, Schnupp did get a bid, the possibility of him contributing to the team score is basically nil, especially now with full seeding. 

On a more serious note, I'm happy to see Caffey get a bid for MSU. He didn't have the best tournament but he's definitely good enough to make some noise. 

Apologies have seen some crazy posts today on flow articles was hopefull they didn’t make there way over here. Glad to know that not everyone has lost their mind.

Edited by Sublime607

6 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

Apologies have seen some crazy posts today on flow articles was hopefull they didn’t make there way over here. Glad to know that not everyone has lost their mind.

I asked my wife what the chances were of Schnupp being a National Champion in two years and she literally started laughing out loud and said my optimism was cute. I told her that I didn't think it would happen, I was just curious what she thought the chances of that happening were.  I root hard for the kid, but we now call anyone who is clearly out of their element "Schnuppy"

12 minutes ago, Rugbypoet said:

I asked my wife what the chances were of Schnupp being a National Champion in two years and she literally started laughing out loud and said my optimism was cute. I told her that I didn't think it would happen, I was just curious what she thought the chances of that happening were.  I root hard for the kid, but we now call anyone who is clearly out of their element "Schnuppy"

Savage. Serious question though, did Brody Teske get Schnupped at wrestle-offs this year, or was it the plan all along for him to RS?

10 minutes ago, pamela said:

Savage. Serious question though, did Brody Teske get Schnupped at wrestle-offs this year, or was it the plan all along for him to RS?

Good question. I really don't know and I haven't seen any word at all regarding him since his disappointing performance at the Last Chance Open. I didn't see any value of rushing Teske since it would be more valuable for him to RS and be more productive next year when we lose points output from Nickal and Nolf leaving. Every little bit will help and burning the RS this year wouldn't have done anything for the team, in my opinion, except maybe chase the record point total at NCAAs, which I doubt Cael really wanted to make a serious push to do. But I'm pretty sure that Teske destroys Schnupp in the practice room. 

Edited by Rugbypoet
Added a comment

8 hours ago, Rugbypoet said:

Good question. I really don't know and I haven't seen any word at all regarding him since his disappointing performance at the Last Chance Open. I didn't see any value of rushing Teske since it would be more valuable for him to RS and be more productive next year when we lose points output from Nickal and Nolf leaving. Every little bit will help and burning the RS this year wouldn't have done anything for the team, in my opinion, except maybe chase the record point total at NCAAs, which I doubt Cael really wanted to make a serious push to do. But I'm pretty sure that Teske destroys Schnupp in the practice room. 

Plus Busiello jumped ship but not sure if he would have been able to make 125 and It’s looking like he might have a hard time translating at the college level.

3 hours ago, justafan said:

Werner 3 losses to Girard hurt him as did his loss to Chalifoux.He had a head to head over Allen but that wasn't enough

Would love to see the final coaches rankings and RPI... Werner had higher win percentage than Allen, had similar wins against common opponents, quality wins, and similar conference tournament placement.  Werner had the head to head win over Allen (25% of criteria). Nothing against Alonzo Allen but why post the intricate pie chart about criteria when the panel does not follow it? This seems to happen every year to a couple of wrestlers (generally those from smaller conferences). The current system is still biased.

Werner was below Allen in both CR and RPI in the last poll.Also Allen had 3 QW Mackall,Townsell and Chalifoux and Werner had 0 QW.The commons crossed out but then the Chalifoux common gave Allen the edge.Allen lost to Courtney and beat Courtney and Werner beat Courtney.Werner lost to Ferri and beat Ferri and Allen beat Ferri.

22 minutes ago, justafan said:

Werner was below Allen in both CR and RPI in the last poll.Also Allen had 3 QW Mackall,Townsell and Chalifoux and Werner had 0 QW.The commons crossed out but then the Chalifoux common gave Allen the edge.Allen lost to Courtney and beat Courtney and Werner beat Courtney. Werner lost to Ferri and beat Ferri and Allen beat Ferri.

Good Analysis. I guess I was off on the quality win and wins against  common opponents criteria. The last coaches panel had allen one spot ahead of werner (31 vs 32) and 8 spots ahead on RPI (18 vs 26). Considering criteria for at larges consists of 15% coaches rank (current edge to allen), 10% conference placement (even), 10% results vs common opponents (edge allen), 10% win percentage (edge werner),  20% quality wins (edge allen), 10% RPI (edge allen), 25% head to head (edge werner). So Allen would have ranked higher in 55% of criteria while Werner was only ahead on 35% of criteria. I asked about current RPI and coaches ranking (a 4th one should come out) because if werner and allen flopped in coaches rank then werner should have gotten bid (50% of criteria vs. 40%). Tough call either way. Good luck to Allen at NCAAs.