Jimmy Cinnabon

9-5 Sam Stoll is going to NCAAs!

Let’s be real. I’m not an Iowa fan but I am very happy Stoll got in.

Let’s face it, even in his current state he’s better than half the field at least. He’s a senior, former AA who’s battled thru injuries his whole career.

It would have been a shame for him not to get in because of one bad tournament.

I don’t feel the same about Moisey only because he looked really injured at B1Gs and could imagine an injury default, MFF right out of the gate. Hope I’m wrong.

Housebuy where is the sig you owe me???

22 hours ago, kgschalhoub said:

He's your father's HWT. His style is old school. The new crop is taking over with more action and athletic ability.

Ain't my father's HWT. We had giant fat guys stalking the land at HWT when I wrestled. Wrestling matches were almost like freak shows when the heavies came out (at times).

4 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Stoll got in because of the singlet he wears. 

Then why didn't Bowman get in?  This argument holds no water.  Nomad on FRL was predicting Stoll would get in and elaborated on his candidacy being excellent.

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Then why didn't Bowman get in?  This argument holds no water.  Nomad on FRL was predicting Stoll would get in and elaborated on his candidacy being excellent.

Because Bowman sucks, he didn’t deserve it either. Stoll would have have been in a spot as an automatic qualifier at Big tens if he deserved it. 

1 minute ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Because Bowman sucks, he didn’t deserve it either. Stoll would have have been in a spot as an automatic qualifier at Big tens if he deserved it. 

He earned a spot for the conference.  Who deserved the spot over him?  His wins are better than everybody's, except for maybe Chase Singletary, who also got in.

2 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

No he didn’t they got 6 spots and he was seeded 8th

They earned 7 spots, and his seed at B1G 10s has nothing to do with earning a spot.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/2019-03-01/ncaa-division-i-wrestling-qualifier-allocations-2019-championships

If he didn't meet the qualifying criteria, he wouldn't be eligible for an at-large.

9 minutes ago, scribe said:

If Stoll can get in, I should be able to get in. I'd be a front runner for 32nd place!

**** you, lightweight. I'm a former 190 pounder/fatass. I went 12-1 in the US Army as a wrestler vs D2/D3 level heavies while 30 pounds overweight and with a serious addiction to cigarettes and brandy. Doesn't tradition mean a damn thing to you people?

18 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Since everybody is being seeded this year, are they going to have medals for 32nd place? What are those going to be made of, pine?

They did that to ensure that no top-seeded competitors were drawn into a pigtail and had to go an extra match after earning their seed throughout the season. Seems fair to me.