Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Cisero

NCAA Brackets Released Today! Who Gets The Top Seed at 285 lbs? Who Do You Pick To Win It?

Top Seed at 285 lbs?

• Gable Stevenson
  • Anthony Cassar <-----my pick
  • Derek White

Who Wins it All?

• Gable Stevenson
  • Anthony Cassar <-----my pick
  • Derek White

Sorry guys but I do not how to insert running percentages.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

18 minutes ago, NJFAN said:

Is the speculation that White would be seeded behind Cassar based on strength of schedule?

I believe both guys have 12 wins over qualifiers with White having won head to head.

1 hour ago, NJFAN said:

Is the speculation that White would be seeded behind Cassar based on strength of schedule?

Only partly. Cassar's wins are better, imo, by a good margin. Goodhart by Maj., Singletary by Maj., Wood by Maj., Voss by Maj., Hillger 1x and Jensen 2x by Dec., Jennings 2x by Maj., Parris by Maj. I don't value White's wins as being as good as Cassar's. 

Then there is the aura of just having beaten a guy many predicted would never lose. That accomplishment will bias the committee. 

23 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Only partly. Cassar's wins are better, imo, by a good margin. Goodhart by Maj., Singletary by Maj., Wood by Maj., Voss by Maj., Hillger 1x and Jensen 2x by Dec., Jennings 2x by Maj., Parris by Maj. I don't value White's wins as being as good as Cassar's. 

Then there is the aura of just having beaten a guy many predicted would never lose. That accomplishment will bias the committee. 

so White beating Cassar was a bad win because Cassar isn't that good?  ;)

I saw on FLO or Intermat, can't remember which, that at HWT the top 3 seeds will be 1) Cassar 2) Steveson 3) White.  For the record I think Steveson will win NCAAs. I think his shortcomings from his previous match with Cassar will have been addressed. I don't think Cassar will beat White, because White has enough athleticism to match Cassar on that front, and White is a bit stronger than Cassar and can grind him down like in the first match. I was wrong on my prediction of Cassar/Steveson last week, so take it with a grain of salt :D

SO....although I think White can beat Cassar, he probably won't have a chance because Cassar will get to the finals, where he'll be squished into red jello pudding by an enraged Steveson, who will comfortably get by White (again). The only question is whether Steveson goes full hulk mode and starts ground pounding on Cassar in the finals.

Edited by TobusRex