fadzaev2

Nolf vs. Rutherford

10 hours ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Well, Jesus has been out of town a lot lately - helping the Bull as I understand it.

th?id=OIP.ojafQEnH68McZmNm4rg_RQHaFj&pid=15.1&P=0&w=215&h=162

Buddha, Lao Tzu, and Confucius would surely crucify this mystery coach with a bit of Eastern jiu-jitsu.

I wonder if Marinelli even has much of a sense who the figure was and which version he is appealing to.  I highly doubt it.  

Maybe the guy on the other side of the cross (bracket) named Joseph  knows a thing or two about his relative and only son.

Rutherford just went undefeated in the World Cup, where the USA lost to Iran, but rebounded to take 3rd.  They defeated Georgia, Mongolia and Japan.

Rutherford vs Mongolia  W  11-0

vs. Iran           W    6-1

vs. Mongolia W    11-0

vs. Japan       W    10-0

3 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

Rutherford just went undefeated in the World Cup, where the USA lost to Iran, but rebounded to take 3rd.  They defeated Georgia, Mongolia and Japan.

Rutherford vs Mongolia  W  11-0

vs. Iran           W    6-1

vs. Mongolia W    11-0

vs. Japan       W    10-0

Zain's 2 losses in Int'l competition were close and against world medal caliber wrestlers. He is close.

Nolf is a generational talent, who combines outrageous athletic ability with a never ending gas tank.  He has (2) 1 point losses in his career (same year) to a 4 time finalist, whom he also pinned.  Name one other match that was ever in question!?   I don’t get the Zain love here.

Retherford beat Collica 2-1, went into OT with Sorensen and lost to Mitchell Port.  All of them are very good wrestlers, but knew how to slow him down.  In a folk match, Nolf would simply keep it on his feet.  Even if taken down, do we really think that Nolf would get turned?  Who has ever kept him down for more than 20 seconds? 

The better match-up is a catch weight between Nolf and Hall.  Nolf's creativity vs Hall’s defense.   

1 hour ago, tightwaist said:

The better match-up is a catch weight between Nolf and Hall.  Nolf's creativity vs Hall’s defense.   

I remember thinking Nolf was more competitive with Hall than I expected at the time; especially, given it was in Hall’s preferred style. 

Edited by ThorsteinV

2 hours ago, tightwaist said:

Even if taken down, do we really think that Nolf would get turned?  Who has ever kept him down for more than 20 seconds? 

Didn’t Ryan’s Deakin ride him out recently? I thought Eric Barone also had a RT advantage (but not locked) before he injury defaulted several weeks ago, but I’m not 100% sure. Point is, they aren’t Zain.

I love Nolf and think he’s up there as one of the GOATs but Rutherford may be a bad matchup. Nolf is OK with giving up TDs and that’s plays into Zain’s strengths. I’m not sure if Nolf has trepidations about his knee since his injury last year but Z’s bow and arrow series could make Nolf turtle up on bottom.

4 hours ago, tightwaist said:

Nolf is a generational talent, who combines outrageous athletic ability with a never ending gas tank.  He has (2) 1 point losses in his career (same year) to a 4 time finalist, whom he also pinned.  Name one other match that was ever in question!?   I don’t get the Zain love here. 

Needed a third period rideout to be Pantaleo last year 6-4, was taken down twice IIRC. 

I've got Retherford, here.

I know it was 2017, but ZR beat Kennedy 4-3 at the US Open for 3rd/4th at 65 kg.

Nolf lost to the same Jimmy Kennedy less than two months later at the WTT by a score of 8-6.

Neither Nolf or Retherford were training exclusively Freestyle yet at that point.

At this point Zain has had an additional year of focusing on only Freestyle. There is no reason to believe Nolf has improved as a freestyle wrestler more than Zain has.

He wins at 70 kg and easily wins at 65 kg.

In college, I have Zain via similar. Close at 157 and easily at 149.