Sign in to follow this  
Kentucky_Mudflap

Mccoy Another One Bites the Dust is Tommy Next?

Gents the Voice of Wrestling packs a punch gave Kerry Mccoy the Minkel Award for Worst Coach and he won and now hes out last year it was Goldman and Davis year before it was the immortal Minkel got the Golden Parrot to win you gotta not be able to mat coach nor strategize nor recruit nor pretty much give a damn set the bar the wrong way it takes reel genius to be the worst any ***hole can finish 4th just ask T&T theys reel good at that but to finish last you gotta be the worst certainly Mccoy getting three wins with his hole entire team finished up his hole entire body of work as the worst tell me one of you guys think hed have a good team if he had a 100 skollies and Ill call you a liar.

The Voice of Wrestling holds some sway with them ADs gents and its showing you guys what aint schooled up in the worlds oldest and gratest sport dont get it Mudflaps hobnobbing with the big boys dont listen to them radio guys gents they call me when they want the inside scoop.

Now Tommy you better start listening to your Uncle Mudflap you been coasting and it may be your time get the Minkel Award and your gone baby gone.

I think what helps Brands case to stay is that PSU is one team dominating everyone. I wasn't really following the sport back when Z was at the healm, but there was more parity at the top it seems. I understand the Hawks are frustrated because they think something from twenty years ago should still be attainable, but should every team fire their head coach? Nobody has beat PSU minus tOSU one year (a year many say PSU "punted"). Sure, some teams have been close, Minnesota, OkState, tOSU but close only counts in horseshoes. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself who is available that is also willing. Lou Rosselli was considered the best next to Cunningham, and where has Oklahoma been since he got there?

7 minutes ago, gopher_fan_90 said:

I think what helps Brands case to stay is that PSU is one team dominating everyone. I wasn't really following the sport back when Z was at the healm, but there was more parity at the top it seems. I understand the Hawks are frustrated because they think something from twenty years ago should still be attainable, but should every team fire their head coach? Nobody has beat PSU minus tOSU one year (a year many say PSU "punted"). Sure, some teams have been close, Minnesota, OkState, tOSU but close only counts in horseshoes. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself who is available that is also willing. Lou Rosselli was considered the best next to Cunningham, and where has Oklahoma been since he got there?

In defense of Lou Rosselli you have to look at how far down the Oklahoma program was when he arrived.  I will also say that IMO the State of Oklahoma does not produce the same amount of talent that it did 25 or 30 years ago.

1 minute ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Hawks stagnated in the Top 5 and the Clones on the rise over in Ames.  Tommy better start listening to his Uncle Mudflap before he gets (Dresser) dumped for another coach.   

IA St is on the rise. No doubt about it, but there is a ceiling to break through before you are a consistent top 5 team every year. There is IA, OhSt, PennSt, Okie St that you can count on being there at Nattys. Cornell, Missouri, NC State, Michigan are all in and out of that upper echelon, but not consistent mainstays. Would you agree? Ia st. has a ways to go there yet. 

6 minutes ago, russelscout said:

IA St is on the rise. No doubt about it, but there is a ceiling to break through before you are a consistent top 5 team every year. There is IA, OhSt, PennSt, Okie St that you can count on being there at Nattys. Cornell, Missouri, NC State, Michigan are all in and out of that upper echelon, but not consi  If'n he can't get outta stagnation and stent mainstays. Would you agree? Ia st. has a ways to go there yet. 

Agreed, that's why I'm warning Tommy now.  I hope he reads and follows his Uncle Mudflap's wise counsel.

Well, I certainly doubt that the Brands Bros., are going anywhere. T&T are Iowa through and through, and as long as their Godfather ( Dan Gable, who I believe still is highly influential ), the A.D. and a few others have their back, I just don't see it. I also think that let's say T&T are told to find a new home, who is out there than can replace them, and fulfill all of the other requirements that I believe are necessary for someone to be considered to be the person to lead the Hawkeyes. 

I think everyone realizes that PSU is the center of the college wrestling universe, and until that changes, pretty much everyone else is competing to be a runner up. So T&T will have to do the best that they can do to ride out the storm. 

Unfortunately for the Brands bros, they may not do as well as many would've hoped for here in a couple of weeks, with Kemmerer being out, Spencer being plagued with some sort of ailment, and Stoll's knee. But if you look at who the Brands bros, they have been recruiting well, they did manage to get Spencer Lee, Alex Marineli and Jacob Warner, Tony  Cassioppi, as well as Desanto and Lugo to bolster their line up. If the Brands bros, can continue to recruit well and put together good seasons, I think they are relatively safe from being excused. 

But as I say that, if Coach Dresser, starts outperforming the Hawkeyes, that will not bode well for T&T. 

Sorry guy, but kicking the guys when they are down just doesn't cut it.

Maryland did what it had to - but it is a sad day as the Coach did not produce a winner. Such promise when he was signed and it came to naught. Any time a coach falls it is sad. High hopes dashed and harsh reality faced and an otherwise good person is kicked to the curb.

Yes, it is easier to cut ties when there is abject failure as with McCoy. More difficult when it is a Coach who had done well and then fallen short as with Zalesky. Maybe now with Brands. Both honorable and doing their best but not measuring up to the standard the legend and reality of Dan Gable. Mayland wanting desperately to climb out of the cellar. Iowa wanting desperately to get away from "settled for second".

So many good men in so many ways. Kevin Jackson was a heartbreaker at ISU. Such a great wrestler and a good man, only to be dismissed as the program seemed to get away from him.

Hope folks realize that failing to produce a winning team does not mean these coaches are not damned good people in so many ways. Somehow separate who and what they are from the record on the mat. Wish only the best for them moving forward and the fans of the teams they left will remember the optimism over the disappointment and give them benefit of support in whatever they do next.

41 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

Sorry guy, but kicking the guys when they are down just doesn't cut it.

Maryland did what it had to - but it is a sad day as the Coach did not produce a winner. Such promise when he was signed and it came to naught. Any time a coach falls it is sad. High hopes dashed and harsh reality faced and an otherwise good person is kicked to the curb.

Yes, it is easier to cut ties when there is abject failure as with McCoy. More difficult when it is a Coach who had done well and then fallen short as with Zalesky. Maybe now with Brands. Both honorable and doing their best but not measuring up to the standard the legend and reality of Dan Gable. Mayland wanting desperately to climb out of the cellar. Iowa wanting desperately to get away from "settled for second".

So many good men in so many ways. Kevin Jackson was a heartbreaker at ISU. Such a great wrestler and a good man, only to be dismissed as the program seemed to get away from him.

Hope folks realize that failing to produce a winning team does not mean these coaches are not damned good people in so many ways. Somehow separate who and what they are from the record on the mat. Wish only the best for them moving forward and the fans of the teams they left will remember the optimism over the disappointment and give them benefit of support in whatever they do next.

Very well said 

22 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

For what it's worth, I firmly believe that Kerry would be a GREAT administrator for the owners of this message board (and no, I don't mean a message board administrator).

Agree 100%

17 hours ago, gopher_fan_90 said:

Something that happened 20 years aho IS still attainable.  PSU is doing it.

As to Brands, maybe assistant coach is his ceiling at Iowa.