GenralLee

USA Stars vs NCAA Champs! BTS

I LOVE this!  Such a fun idea with some amazing match ups.  Once we have a list of who's competing I'll put my picks in, but I think most world team members will will.  I do see Yianni beating Stieber, 

This event has a ton of potential, I hope they can create two great line ups. I would love to see some of our very best go head to head. I can't wait to see who will be slated to compete in this event. This should be great. 

How many (or rather which) of the Senior level freestyle team guys will want to avoid a match with a college guy who has a chance of beating him?

Hoping most everyone is game, but I can picture some "ducking" scenarios.  

This is awesome!!

Bo vs. J'Den would be fun, but I'm hoping for Bo vs. Snyder.

Also:

Gilman vs. Lee ?

Nahshon vs. Suriano ?

JB vs. Marinelli ?

I hope they alternate matches between free and folk to make it fair, but I guess it might make the event hard for casual fans to follow.

19 hours ago, GenralLee said:

Prediction: 

Gilman Vs PIC/Rivera/Lee

Colon vs Fix

Steiber vs Yanni

Oliver vs Mckenna

Green vs Nolf

Burroughs vs Cenzo

Dake vs Hall

Taylor vs MyMar

Cox vs Nickol

Gwiz vs Gable!

This lineup would be a home run

42 minutes ago, LCpl Schmuckatelli said:

I’d love to see them wrestle folkstyle matches!  Remember when David Taylor wrestled at the Midlands tournament a few years back and edged TJ Dudley by 1-2 points?  

I remember DT tech-ing Zahid Valencia.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/5561332-david-taylor-works-zahid-from-top-at-53rd-mids

5 hours ago, LCpl Schmuckatelli said:

I’d love to see them wrestle folkstyle matches!  Remember when David Taylor wrestled at the Midlands tournament a few years back and edged TJ Dudley by 1-2 points?  

Truthfully, I think he was just there to compete and not show anyone up. He had a couple matches where the score was...peculiar for someone of his credentials. 

4 hours ago, Crash said:

No way USA wrestling guys will wrestle folk. Will be all Free.

Having event so close to US Open will hurt participation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True on both accounts. It won’t be #1 vs #1 in every match but I bet there will be a few, plus some of that will make the mafches more competitive 

On 3/13/2019 at 5:19 PM, Jim L said:

I think the World Team might sweep, I would like to see the last three matches, especially Cox v. Nickal

You must remember the number one rule of being a wrestling fan is we must always be let down.  Hopefully you enjoy Bo Nickal vs Hayden Zilmer.

Edited by Cradle1

1 hour ago, Cradle1 said:

You must remember the number one rule of being a wrestling fan is we must always be let down.  Hopefully you enjoy Bo Nickal vs Hayden Zilmer.

See my post above.  I’m already set for the alternative, so that I can be pleasantly surprised if it actually works. 

22 hours ago, Cradle1 said:

While you are correct in your rule, I'm not too sure Nickal v Zilmer isn't a good match. Zilmer doesn't have star power but he is not a tomato can.