GenralLee

USA Stars vs NCAA Champs! BTS

14 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

Ashnault?

I wasn't sure where to put Ashnault or who to put against Gwiz. Actually, Cassar might be too big for 97kg, I'm not sure. I'm also guessing that Suriano may not go, even though it's close to home, so maybe it'll be Fix repping 133.

How about Ashnault-Molinaro? That sounds like a good match.

Interesting hearing Gary Abbott ask the NCAA champs if they want to participate in BTS against Team USA. Other than Yianni (didn't see all the interviews yet) sounds like some of the champs are not into it.  

This is like the question of whether Alabama would beat the worst NFL team.....the answer is a definite no in both cases. The over/under on the NCAA winners would be like 0.5 and I would probably bet the under. Fix would have the only "realistic" shot IMO.

Edited by DocBZ

1 hour ago, DocBZ said:

This is like the question of whether Alabama would beat the worst NFL team.....the answer is a definite no in both cases. The over/under on the NCAA winners would be like 0.5 and I would probably bet the under. Fix would have the only "realistic" shot IMO.

Disagree.  Fix was in final X.  McKenna was in Final X.  Reenan was in Final X.  3 collegians last year were finalists for the World Team, and that excludes the entire PSU roster.  There is more parity than any of us think. 

Hell... David Carr lost to Molinaro at Schultz by 1pt in January.  

7 hours ago, Katie said:

Nickal just tweeted at Askren, asking for a match. Hope it happens. Would be fun to watch.

29 minutes ago, Katie said:

Now Chael Sonnen just tweeted, " @NoBickal Ben just accepted your challenge. May 12, Portland. @magicman_psu has my number."

Interesting.

Nice!!

Edited by pamela

15 hours ago, treep2000 said:

Disagree.  Fix was in final X.  McKenna was in Final X.  Reenan was in Final X.  3 collegians last year were finalists for the World Team, and that excludes the entire PSU roster.  There is more parity than any of us think. 

Hell... David Carr lost to Molinaro at Schultz by 1pt in January.  

As I said, I agree with Fix...he destroyed everyone at 2107 Junior Wolds and has beaten some very good senior wrestlers. I'm an tOSU guy but McKenna has no realistic shot at beating Oliver, Stieber or whoever he is competing against. Now if the OP would have said Eirmann....then maybe as he has beaten Stieber. Reenan is not on the OP list so your pt is moot. I'm responding to the OP list.

Edited by DocBZ

1 hour ago, DocBZ said:

As I said, I agree with Fix...he destroyed everyone at 2107 Junior Wolds and has beaten some very good senior wrestlers. I'm an tOSU guy but McKenna has no realistic shot at beating Oliver, Stieber or whoever he is competing against. Now if the OP would have said Eirmann....then maybe as he has beaten Stieber. Reenan is not on the OP list so your pt is moot. I'm responding to the OP list.

Here's how I read it:

1... It's team USA vs. NCAA champs

2... Question on table is competitiveness of ncaa age group guys 

3... I pointed out that collegians we're in 3/8 of the contested final X weight classes.

4... This also excluded the entire PSU roster

5... Conclusion... The NCAA champs can compete, and will be competitive.  

Now... Winning is a whole nother ballgame. 

1 hour ago, DocBZ said:

Mckenna has a win over Stieber at the US Open last year....

I’d be interested in seeing how Yianni stacks up with the top freestyle dog at his weight. Maybe Nolf and Cassar, too.

Everyone else... not so much.

Edited by Katie

2 hours ago, Nicky_Pipes said:

Mckenna has a win over Stieber at the US Open last year....

McKenna didn't wrestle Stieber at the US Open because they were on opposite sides of the bracket; Eierman took out Stieber before the finals. McKenna went 0-2 against him at Final X. The first match was close (criteria), but Stieber shut him out in the second match.

18 hours ago, yonz_g said:

McKenna didn't wrestle Stieber at the US Open because they were on opposite sides of the bracket; Eierman took out Stieber before the finals. McKenna went 0-2 against him at Final X. The first match was close (criteria), but Stieber shut him out in the second match.

good call - i didn't check my facts before my post. To your point, i think i may have confused the Eierman/Stieber result. 

2 hours ago, Mokoma said:

Who wouldn't want to see this match?!?

Me.  Askren is no longer relevant and hasn't been for a decade.  I want to see 2019 version of Bo Nickal against J'Den Cox, David Taylor, Zahid Valencia (if he moves up).