Sign in to follow this  
russelscout

I'd like to start a themat.com forum petition

Maybe I am a little too bothered by this, and yes I realize no one is listening to this forum, but can we please not have Tim Johnson give his Keys to Victory before every NCAA match?

I am sure Tim is a nice guys. He really is a solid commentator, despite some of the things he routinely says that sound a little silly, but the keys to victory thing is just absolutely ridiculous, provides no context, and I cringe every time I hear them. 

They never make any sense at all. Back to the Future? All systems go? Go baby Go? Do they need to be both cliche and nonsensical? How about just "Avoid the Ankle Pick" or "Weather the storm". Hell, the last one is a cliche but atleast it may be relevant and doesn't need further explanation. Am I alone here?

8 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Maybe I am a little too bothered by this, and yes I realize no one is listening to this forum, but can we please not have Tim Johnson give his Keys to Victory before every NCAA match?

I am sure Tim is a nice guys. He really is a solid commentator, despite some of the things he routinely says that sound a little silly, but the keys to victory thing is just absolutely ridiculous, provides no context, and I cringe every time I hear them. 

They never make any sense at all. Back to the Future? All systems go? Go baby Go? Do they need to be both cliche and nonsensical? How about just "Avoid the Ankle Pick" or "Weather the storm". Hell, the last one is a cliche but atleast it may be relevant and doesn't need further explanation. Am I alone here?

I suggest you try to be more like Jim Gibbons in response to Tim's inane comments:

We should amend that petition to prohibit all Social Justice Warrior virtue signaling threads.  No threads whining on about perceived aggression, mini-aggression, microaggression, improper slang, how you were offended, intersectionality, inclusiveness, marginalization, etc.  People can always go to HuffPost and Fox.com for that fiesta.    

Only threads about real aggression: Best man wins, knock his dick in the dirt, bloody him up within the rules, rip the logo off of his singlet, and rub his face in it.  Zero references to religion, color, creed, sexual preference, state, or country. 

The world is full of injustices - wrestling is not.  2 guys, synthetic mesh shoes, spandex, and velcro ankle bands. 

Where the FKKK are those brackets? 

Just now, TFBJR said:

We should amend that petition to prohibit all Social Justice Warrior virtue signaling threads.  No threads whining on about perceived aggression, mini-aggression, microaggression, improper slang, how you were offended, intersectionality, inclusiveness, marginalization, etc.  People can always go to HuffPost and Fox.com for that fiesta.    

Only threads about real aggression: Best man wins, knock his dick in the dirt, bloody him up within the rules, rip the logo off of his singlet, and rub his face in it.  Zero references to religion, color, creed, sexual preference, state, or country. 

The world is full of injustices - wrestling is not.  2 guys, synthetic mesh shoes, spandex, and velcro ankle bands. 

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

I feel vaguely threatened by your posting.

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

Ha! I agree 100%. Someone should actually compile a list of his keys to victory, which are all pretty much different ways of saying "wrestle hard", "score more points", and "don't make mistakes" - it would be funny to see.

Here some actual keys to victory Tim has mentioned in the recent past. Bonus points to anyone who can somehow match them the correct wrestler (also one is fake, guess which one):

- "Anything goes!"

- "Let it all hang out"

- "Put on a show"

- "Do what it takes"

- "In it to win it"

- "Just make it happen"

- "No flat tires"

- "The one who wants it will win"

- "Ride em cowboy!"

Edited by pamela
added a few more

9 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Is put on a show David Taylor?

Definitely not Taylor although it would be a good match. I think it was for Nathan Tomasello during a televised dual.

Edited by pamela

2 minutes ago, pamela said:

Definitely not Taylor although it would be a good match. I think it was for Nathan Tomasello during a televised dual.

I really like the "Do what it takes". That lady and gentleman is an experts insight right there!

Tim Johnson's keys to victory: Do what it takes to bring your hips to the party with a 4.5 GPA in physics. If he does that, watch out Dan Hodge you may be in trouble come third period.

I swear to god though if he says "bring your hips to the party" more than twice during the finals I'm starting a change.org petition to have him removed. 

16 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Can we petition Flo too fire all it's pundits and hire tim johnson to replace them.

Can we petition Anthony Robles to troll Tim Johnson during the broadcast?

"Why, that's a very profound and salient point, Tim. Please expound in detail why it's gut-check time is so pivotal to this particular athlete's victory today."

Just now, stp said:

Am I the only one on themat who enjoys Billy at the NCAAs?  

I actually don't mind him at times. I don't know what it says when a b list star attaches himself to the sport. However, most of the time its hit or miss for me. Some times I walk away thinking "Wow, he really does his homework and knows the brackets and wrestlers". Other times I am thinking "What the hell did he just say?"