Sign in to follow this  
russelscout

I'd like to start a themat.com forum petition

6 hours ago, stp said:

Am I the only one on themat who enjoys Billy at the NCAAs?  

He's not perfect - certainly not more or less than anybody else. Given that, what I enjoy is his sincere dedication to the sport. He's not faking that.

Oh, and also, he brings his hips to the party.

16 hours ago, stp said:

Think it depends how much he had (insert substance here) before the session starts.  

https://edgewoodhealthnetwork.com/blog/baldwin-family-knows-addiction-inside/

I think you might be unfairly maligning Billy due to his family's reputation.  If not, and he is using, he is a first-rate hypocrite and a pretty good liar. (Which goes with the territory for addicts, I suppose)  Seems to me the dude is sincere. I realize there's a difference between using and abusing, but given his experiences, he'd be pretty stupid to indulge in that sort of behavior at this point in his life.  Wrestling needs more wealthy/famous benefactors, and he fits the bill.  Character does matter though, and I googled him because I, like you, was suspicious.  I was honestly surprised by what I found.

17 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

He's not perfect - certainly not more or less than anybody else. Given that, what I enjoy is his sincere dedication to the sport. He's not faking that.

Oh, and also, he brings his hips to the party.

Chynna, is that you? 

Seriously though....count me in as a Billy Baldwin fan.  He always seems to be fairly knowledgeable, well prepared, and his love for the sport is obvious.

Edited by gromit

Baldwin was a HUGE HUGE factor in getting the Binghamton program reinstated, he worked his butt off for that and helped saved the program.  Most people on this forum (myself included) would simply have maybe started a thread or replied on one how it's a travesty, and that's the end of it.  He hustled, lobbied and fought - and they still have a program.  Baldwin has my total respect...

Edited by Gantry

3 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Baldwin was a HUGE HUGE factor in getting the Binghamton program reinstated, he worked his butt off for that and helped saved the program.  Most people on this forum (myself included) would simply have maybe started a thread or replied on one how it's a travesty, and that's the end of it.  He hustled, lobbied and fought - and they still have a program.  Baldwin has my total respect...

I didn't realize that. Definitely changes my impression I had.

On 3/13/2019 at 2:20 PM, TFBJR said:

We should amend that petition to prohibit all Social Justice Warrior virtue signaling threads.  No threads whining on about perceived aggression, mini-aggression, microaggression, improper slang, how you were offended, intersectionality, inclusiveness, marginalization, etc.  People can always go to HuffPost and Fox.com for that fiesta.    

Only threads about real aggression: Best man wins, knock his dick in the dirt, bloody him up within the rules, rip the logo off of his singlet, and rub his face in it.  Zero references to religion, color, creed, sexual preference, state, or country. 

The world is full of injustices - wrestling is not.  2 guys, synthetic mesh shoes, spandex, and velcro ankle bands. 

Where the FKKK are those brackets? 

That’s all good, except it’s kinda gaaaaay

Edited by jcjcjc

On 3/13/2019 at 1:20 PM, TFBJR said:

We should amend that petition to prohibit all Social Justice Warrior virtue signaling threads.  No threads whining on about perceived aggression, mini-aggression, microaggression, improper slang, how you were offended, intersectionality, inclusiveness, marginalization, etc.  People can always go to HuffPost and CNN Fox.com for that fiesta.    

Only threads about real aggression: Best man wins, knock his dick in the dirt, bloody him up within the rules, rip the logo off of his singlet, and rub his face in it.  Zero references to religion, color, creed, sexual preference, state, or country. 

The world is full of injustices - wrestling is not.  2 guys, synthetic mesh shoes, spandex, and velcro ankle bands. 

Where the FKKK are those brackets? 

FIFY

What wrestling tournaments need is a Dizzy Dean to broadcast the matches. He was great with baseball, even when he was kicked off the air for awhile for his commentary. "My girlfriend and I watch the games together and I kiss her on the strikes and she kisses me on the balls".

He was a character!