MSU158

Marinelli's draw

13 minutes ago, okwrestle said:

Thus Ok State may have been able to score more tournament points with rogers at 165, joe at 174, and Jacobe at 184

I am believing that less and less.  Rodgers did not have a good year.  I think Geer at 184 might be better than Rodgers or Smith at 165.

24 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

He wasn't great at 174 either. 4-4 against qualifiers and 0-2 against qualifiers at 165.

He doesn't win that 5th place match he doesn't even make the tournament.

So in other words you don't think he belongs at 33.  Probably somewhere like 15 or 20.  I agree.  Not a big deal either way, but if you are going to seed to 33 you need to do so.  

Edited by boconnell

23 minutes ago, okwrestle said:

Thus Ok State may have been able to score more tournament points with rogers at 165, joe at 174, and Jacobe at 184

Yah, I figured John Smith would want his upperclassmen repping OSU at nationals. I don't think Coach Smith is feeling any heat from the decision though, he said Joe beat Chandler in the wrestle-off and neither (according to the rankings) were expected to AA anyway.

10 minutes ago, boconnell said:

So in other words you don't think he belongs at 33.  Probably somewhere like 15 or 20.  I agree.  Not a big deal either way, but if you are going to seed to 33 you need to do so.  

I don't think that is what I am saying at all. If he didn't get the last autobid from the B12 he is watching from the stands. So I would he was one of the last guys in and he had no 165 resume. So with 29 autobids much like basketball you seed them out. I haven't looked at people that earned autobids but did not win them in tournaments so I can't say how many would be ahead but I would say Smith's best seeding could be 28.

1 minute ago, JeanGuy said:

I don't think that is what I am saying at all. If he didn't get the last autobid from the B12 he is watching from the stands. So I would he was one of the last guys in and he had no 165 resume. So with 29 autobids much like basketball you seed them out. I haven't looked at people that earned autobids but did not win them in tournaments so I can't say how many would be ahead but I would say Smith's best seeding could be 28.

I agree that without 174 considered he should be 28-33.  I disagreed with you that with 174 considered he's in the right place.  

46 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I agree that without 174 considered he should be 28-33.  I disagreed with you that with 174 considered he's in the right place.  

Fair enough.

2 hours ago, Coach_J said:

Haven't read the full thread but The Bull gets Joe Smith after Smith makes scratch and has a rat-tail bout.  I think after a hard first period Smith should not be able to hang.  Don't see this as a huge injustice--dude took 5th in his conference and did not look stellar.

Probably sapped out from weight pull, plus emotionally wrecked after his granddad died. I wouldn't be surprised to see a better Joe out there next week.

2 hours ago, jchapman said:

The problem is the three victories came by a total of four points, and he has gotten dinged for stalling in all of them.  The big wildcard will be the ref in this potential matchup, and how that ref decides to call stalling.

Or you can look at it as Wick hasn't been able to beat the Bull this year in three tries.  What else does Wick have to try that he hasn't?  I like the Bull vs Wick any day of the week.