Hot damn. I think the committee just handed Iowa 3rd place

• Lose to #4 Wood (#5 by Intermat and Flo)
  • Beat #20 Elam (unranked by Intermat and Flo) probably by bonus
  • Beat (probably) #14 Nevills (#20 on Intermat, unranked by Flo) probably by bonus
  • Beat (probably) #11 Haines (#8 by Intermat, #15 by Flo) this one isn't a lock but a Stoll on a mission is the favorite
  • Beat (probably) #8 Thomas (#13 by Intermat and Flo) 

You couldn't have drawn up a better bracket for Stoll to be an All American. I don't see him beating anybody in the AA rounds and ending up 8th. But still, 8th place is a couple of points and he's got several bonus opportunities on the way there. 

Just now, simple said:

Much more likely he goes 0-2

If he shows up already checked out, yeah. But look at his record this year, he's beaten guys better than any of them and only has one loss to anybody below the best of them. He gets some overseeded guys and nobody unbeatable, one leg or no.  The other quarterfinal loses that drop to the R12 are probably Dhesi, Parris, and Hillger. I don't think he'd have a shot against any of them. He got the one path he could that'd get him to AA without having to wrestle any sure AAs in the consolations that would knock him out. 

He's not beating Thomas. Thomas has a massive gas tank and is going to continually attack and get to Stoll's legs if that happens. Thomas lost to Derek White by one point and is a legit threat to be a bracket buster 

Elam is seeded 20 and lost to 1 seed White in SV.  That is the crazy lack of separation that is the Hwt class.  Any of those guys could beat anyone else on any given day.  Stoll is just as likely to get taken down 4 times and lose to Elam by 4 as he is to pin him.  Which Stoll shows up?  Which Elam?

7 hours ago, dtry222 said:

He's not beating Thomas. Thomas has a massive gas tank and is going to continually attack and get to Stoll's legs if that happens. Thomas lost to Derek White by one point and is a legit threat to be a bracket buster 

Yah, Thomas would be a bad matchup for Stoll. Home tournament, too.

3 hours ago, tigerfan said:

Elam is seeded 20 and lost to 1 seed White in SV.  That is the crazy lack of separation that is the Hwt class.  Any of those guys could beat anyone else on any given day.  Stoll is just as likely to get taken down 4 times and lose to Elam by 4 as he is to pin him.  Which Stoll shows up?  Which Elam?

I'm a Mizzou fan but I don't see Elam beating Stoll. He's been able to keep a lot of matches close, but not really been able to score. But I also don't see Stoll bonusing anybody unless they trip over their own feet. Stoll makes no attempt at any offense whatsoever.