NJDan

Chance's Chances

On 3/14/2019 at 9:46 AM, NJDan said:

Chance Marsteller has two losses, one to Cenzo by one point, one to Shields in OT.

I saw Chance wrestle twice this year.... it was those two matches :| 

P.S. he was totally super double extra gassed vs Sheilds

I have a strong inclination that someone outside of the big ten wins this weight.  With how close all of the  top guys are, it may come down to who's body is feeling best at that moment.  After a grueling big tens schedule, the recovery just may not be there.  My eyes are on this weight class from beginning to end.  How many more days......

33 minutes ago, dougb said:

No wonder he is as good as he is,  with a name like that he undoubtedly got teased continuously growing up.  LOL

That and several years as a Cary Kolat clone and student.

15 hours ago, TobusRex said:

If Chance meets Marinelli it'll be either the semifinals or in the consos somewhere.

I said Tyler, not Alex. He isn't beating Alex, but if Tyler Marinelli makes it to the quarters vs. Chance, then I think Chance wins.

4 hours ago, Cruocified said:

I said Tyler, not Alex. He isn't beating Alex, but if Tyler Marinelli makes it to the quarters vs. Chance, then I think Chance wins.

Oh! Didn't even notice that. Is he Alex's brother or cousin or something?

On 3/14/2019 at 2:45 PM, qc8223 said:

He was in complete control through the first period (up 4-2 I believe with 2 takedowns). Then either he chose down or Wick chose top and Wick cradled him up and pinned him. This was before everyone realized that Wick had that kind of cradling ability. I think Chance is a tough match up for Wick, assuming Chance can prevent from being cradled which most of the top 15 guys at 165 seem to have figured out.

I also think he could be a tough match up for Marinelli, especially if he can get to his left side underhook consistently. That would completely shut down Marinelli's offense if he can get to it and also open up some scoring opportunities. Was Imar able to get to his underhook against Marinelli last year? I can't remember.

Just re-watched this match and sure enough, Chance won it with his left side underhook. All three takedowns came from his underhook throwby to his left side single. Specifically, Chance pulled Marinelli up into a left-handed over under when Marinelli tried to hit his post double/hi-c. Marinelli tried to clear the position, but Chance transitioned to a conventional underhook and immediately threw it by to his single. I feel very smart right now and you all must respect me.

We will never know but I think if Chance would've beat Wick in the first match, he had a great chance at beating Lewis.  With one(maybe 2) wins last year against Lewis, I think he wins and wrestles Joseph in the finals.  I bet Joseph wishes it would've went that way!