Sign in to follow this  
andegre

2019 NCAA Wrestling Championships 1st Round Comparisons

**** I have always appreciated that you take the time and effort to provide this data set.  Many times I do not agree with the outcomes forcasted, as I think the weighting given to some of the parameters being looked at must still be off even after you have made numerous adjustments.  Example:  I just do not see Stoll beating Wood.  Yes, Stoll is huge but he is pretty much operating on one wheel and against a very mobile and attacking style like Wood presents, I would be very surprised.   

3 days to go!

If you like using the WrestleStat comparisons, we've created a "Hub" page that will be used throughout all of Nationals this year.

For each session, we'll be putting out these comparison pages, like the one linked above. Each time a new one gets released, we'll be updating this Hub page with the appropriate link.

This way, you guys/gals can just bookmark a single page, and get to all the comparisons that we come up with. Should make it real easy while there so you don't have to hunt through message board posts...

Here it is:

22 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Milhoff dropped put due to breaking his hand in practice. Everyone seeded below 14 all moved up 1 spot.

Two questions... (1) I see that Chalifoux was the 1st alternate; and (2) given Moisey's injury at B1G, who is the 2nd alternate?

Edited by lu_alum

5 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Two questions... (1) I see that Chalifoux was the 1st alternate; and (2) given Moisey's injury at B1G, who is the 2nd alternate?

I dont think Moisey has dropped out yet. Hes now currently seeded 18th. New brackets are posted in the PDF brackets thread.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

I dont think Moisey has dropped out yet.

I realize that... just speculating on who the #2 alternate is.  NCAA pays for the #1 alternate to travel, per the Pre-Championships Manual.  It's quite possible that #2 could get a shot as well.  With Moisey being the #19, it would result in more bracket shuffling.

I'm pretty sure Spencer Lee isn't too excited about facing a well-hydrated Fausz Thursday night.  

21 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

I realize that... just speculating on who the #2 alternate is.  NCAA pays for the #1 alternate to travel, per the Pre-Championships Manual.  It's quite possible that #2 could get a shot as well.  With Moisey being the #19, it would result in more bracket shuffling.

I'm pretty sure Spencer Lee isn't too excited about facing a well-hydrated Fausz Thursday night.  

Flo mentioned these guys in their snubs and flubs article prior to Milhoff dropping out..

Sidney Flores (Air Force) Trey Chalifoux (Army) Shakur Laney (Ohio) Luke Werner (Lock Haven).

18 hours ago, AKHUNTER said:

Well.... me and my bride begin our trek to "the burgh" this morning......... it's a nice day here in Southeast Alaska so we know we are "getting out" and not stuck HOPING to get out tomorrow.

Dumb question......are you driving?