Sign in to follow this  
Broomstick

Pick your champs, most to least confident in the choice

1. Nolf. There aren't any unknowns in this bracket. He's seen and dominated everybody who could theoretically challenge him except for maybe Kaleb Young.

2. Nickal. Similar, but there are 2 unknowns in Brucki and Weigel that could make things interesting, but not very likely.

3. Martin. Rasheed is the only one left who we haven't seen him dominate. Considered putting him ahead of Nickal here.

4. Yianni. He's just a winner. McKenna will be game though.

5. Hall. I think he's wrestling better than Zahid, but he's also not scoring a bunch of points right now which is a little concerning.

6.. Steveson. I still think he's the best guy.

7. Joseph. Jaggers blood.

8. Lee. I have a feeling he finally puts a good tournament together.

9. Suriano. He looked great at Big Tens. Coin flip with Fix.

10. Jordan. It's hard to beat someone 3 times. I think he takes out Ashnault this time. 

9 hours ago, Broomstick said:

I am surprised how many people are dropping Gable here or not picking him to win, presumably based on last weekend's match.  In watching that match, I saw him look disinterested until he took one shot that he easily scored on.  Then he had one lapse and gave up a takedown with too little time left to escape and tie it up.  If he increases his intensity or focus only a little, I see that result being reversed and, frankly, I think there is more than a little room for him to increase both next time.  

He looked disinterested against a guy who looked driven. I'll take the latter almost every time. That's exactly why you should be apprehensive about picking him. 

8 minutes ago, PSUMike said:

He looked disinterested against a guy who looked driven. I'll take the latter almost every time. That's exactly why you should be apprehensive about picking him. 

Fair point, but I'm assuming the bright lights will change his attitude and have him bring his A-game.  No reason he shouldn't have come to the Big Tens with that but lesson learned maybe.

Updated after QF (same picks, only changed order some based on what I have seen in the first day and a half)

MyMar

Nolf

Nickal

Steveson

Spencer Lee

Joseph

Jordan

Zahid

Yianni

Micic

Edited by Broomstick