Kentucky_Mudflap

Tommy and Terry 4th is the new 1st

Gents its well nigh onto a decade when I was down to St Louis and Iowa won a title when Star was down there and come back off a bum knee gents now Iowas battling for 3rd at the B1G meat and hoping for 4th its Tommy Brands 4th is the new 1st he come in talking about taking the battle to space aliens and all and now hes making his excuses and his purse puppies on the other bored talking smack the gratest coach of the worlds oldest and gratest sport Dan Gable never made no excuses he just got it done and its clear Tommy either dont care or he dont have the ability time to make the move Barta Popolizios ready to go plug and play put you back in the national discussion.

Now heres the excuses gents

they wrestled to the seeds

they need a new workout facility

all the good wrestlers aint in Iowa theys in Penn

If Stollhouse and Kimmer warnt hurt we would have stood a chance

We knew all along 2020 was gonna be our year wait till next year.

Kales cheating and thats how he wins

If you tie the can to Tommy who you gonna get whats better?

My favorite is excuse they use a lot is about recruits. Like Tom and terry didn’t know that if you recruit the best high school kids you will more then likely have the best college wrestlers. Lol. It took Mr. Lee to tell them that. So all the while Cael was recruiting penn and across the nation brand boys just thought they was supposed to just take the bad wrestlers from Iowa also. 

Regardless, not sure if it’s Brands or the Iowa mystique that keeps the PA greats pipeline open? Lot of great schools close to Pennsylvania so what’s the drawing them to Iowa, Tom Brands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

Regardless, not sure if it’s Brands or the Iowa mystique that keeps the PA greats pipeline open? Lot of great schools close to Pennsylvania so what’s the drawing them to Iowa, Tom Brands?

The largest fan base who are passionate about supporting their Hawkeyes. Also a coaching staff that clearly cares about their athletes. For some people that's important.

7 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

Two hands pulling on the head is fun wrestling.

You mean like the double collar the PSU guys use so effectively this year? I'm waiting for that to be used as a sweet set-up. Hasn't happened yet. 

15 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Tommy has convinced Iowa fans that complaining about Seeds and Stalling can actually be FUN!

.... he says as Penn St. fans complain about Casser seed.

Edited by russelscout

34 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Zalesky got run for these kind of results.  

Hasnt this been covered on this site every month or so? I'm sure you thought this was a ground breaking observation, but frankly I am sick of repeating myself.

4 hours ago, Bigboi Trained said:

My favorite is excuse they use a lot is about recruits. Like Tom and terry didn’t know that if you recruit the best high school kids you will more then likely have the best college wrestlers. Lol. It took Mr. Lee to tell them that. So all the while Cael was recruiting penn and across the nation brand boys just thought they was supposed to just take the bad wrestlers from Iowa also. 

This had you actually laughing out loud? I guess when the well ran dry in Iowa, Brands were just supposed to open the gates and guys were supposed to run in from PA and OH. It's not like they have anyone out there to compete with with in recruiting. 

5 hours ago, Kentucky_Mudflap said:

Gents its well nigh onto a decade when I was down to St Louis and Iowa won a title when Star was down there and come back off a bum knee gents now Iowas battling for 3rd at the B1G meat and hoping for 4th its Tommy Brands 4th is the new 1st he come in talking about taking the battle to space aliens and all and now hes making his excuses and his purse puppies on the other bored talking smack the gratest coach of the worlds oldest and gratest sport Dan Gable never made no excuses he just got it done and its clear Tommy either dont care or he dont have the ability time to make the move Barta Popolizios ready to go plug and play put you back in the national discussion.

Now heres the excuses gents

they wrestled to the seeds

they need a new workout facility

all the good wrestlers aint in Iowa theys in Penn

If Stollhouse and Kimmer warnt hurt we would have stood a chance

We knew all along 2020 was gonna be our year wait till next year.

Kales cheating and thats how he wins

If you tie the can to Tommy who you gonna get whats better?

Mudflap, act is getting old man. These used to be funny and I am sure you have noticed the downturn in likes and length of replies on these. You are now simply pandering to Iowa haters and pretty much say the same thing every time. I'm sure Tbar and friends are psyched about your trolling Iowa, but why don't you actually join the other discussions that are already doing that? There is no shortage of Brands hate here. Your act has become a parody of itself... which is a parody, so a parody of a parody? I don't know. I am sure we will all wait anxiously for your next post on "Tommy"

My bet is Brands loses sleep trying to figure out why they can't beat Penn State. Why the program is not on top.

I bet John Smith is doing the same thing.

Gable had the guys going great guns and then went four years without a title. 87 to 90, after nine straight titles. I know he was pushing and frustration set in for awhile. Back to Basics - is what many of us believe did it for him.

Maybe that will work for Tom Brands?

Right now he and every other top flight program is trying to figure out how to beat Penn State. No one has more than a one year answer so far.

Most of these guys are still damned good coaches. We can see the lack of titles eating at them - with Iowa and Oklahoma State really showing the strain on their staff.

Is it lowered expectations? Actually being outcoached? Outrecruited? Something in the water?

Who knows. Brands is still pushing as are others. Maybe they will find the solution. I do know poking fun is what a lot of us do but tearing down coaches is not my idea of what to do. I'll poke fun at Brands all day long - after all, they are the Squawkeyes! But I won't run him down as a coach. As a supposed Hawkeye fan - you aren't helping things.

7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Is Brands and Flap interchangeable here? 

Depends on who you're talking to, I guess.  Brands shtick has worn thin long ago with many, but Iowa fans still love him and he runs a successful program in the new era.  They also have colorful personalities that I, personally, enjoy.

I've loved the Flap a long time, but he's not doing anything new.  The jokes are the same.  Now it's descending into bitter vitriol.  I'm sure several will lovei t because they love anything that take a shot at Brands, but it's just not funny, to me, any longer.

7 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Depends on who you're talking to, I guess.  Brands shtick has worn thin long ago with many, but Iowa fans still love him and he runs a successful program in the new era.  They also have colorful personalities that I, personally, enjoy.

I've loved the Flap a long time, but he's not doing anything new.  The jokes are the same.  Now it's descending into bitter vitriol.  I'm sure several will lovei t because they love anything that take a shot at Brands, but it's just not funny, to me, any longer.

image.png.3cdd79c738f098cb2c0eb89630733e8a.png

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Because I don't find Flap funny any longer?  Tell me what's new.

the new thing is that Iowa is on the verge of needing a complete reboot. 

The link to gable is gone, its time for them to abandon the legacy and become underdogs...at least if they want to be national champions. They think they are carrying the flame but they aren't.