Kentucky_Mudflap

Tommy and Terry 4th is the new 1st

1 hour ago, TFBJR said:

RusselScout is definitely T-Bar's cousin from Iowa. 

6'2"  230 white hair, Rutgers shirt.  If you see me I'll buy you a beer to cry in. 

I do have cousins in Illinois and Wisconsin. Not Iowa, though. 

I always pictured you being 230, but maybe 5'10. The avatar bias is strong.

Edited by TBar1977

16 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I do have cousins in Illinois and Wisconsin. Not Iowa, though. 

I always pictured you being 230, but maybe 5'10. The avatar bias is strong.

Chris was 6'5".  Always liked that guy.  Seemed like a gentle giant.  Passed too young.   I remember that Suplex - it was an amazing gamble. 

On 3/15/2019 at 10:29 AM, Coach_J said:

Made an observation that obviously strikes a sensitive nerve for you; you can travel down any hole you please.  Again, your problem, not mine.

The problem is that comparison has been fully debunked many times and you are absolutely smart enough to know that.  And THAT is what makes it trolling and I am pretty sure you know that as well.....

56 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

The problem is that comparison has been fully debunked many times and you are absolutely smart enough to know that.  And THAT is what makes it trolling and I am pretty sure you know that as well.....

Debunked by whom? Tom Brands fans? Zalesky haters? Gable worshippers, since he had a big say in the coaching selections?  The fact is that Iowa is now an at best an outside shooter to challenge for national titles, a solid top 3-5 program, not a whole eff of a lot different than under Z.  And I am not nor have I been a Z supporter; just play 'em as they lie.  Brands has not delivered on the expectation of being a perennial title winner (which you are smart enough to know was the expectation) with the aberration being a 2nd or 3rd.  As Joe Friday used to say, just the facts, man, nothing but the facts--you can handle 'em or you can't.

Edited by Coach_J
grammar

Haven't updated these #s since the 2017 tournament, but Brands got 1 individual champion last year (Lee) which is above his average (0.9 champs per season) and I think 5 AAs - Lee, Sorenson, Kimmer, Marinelli, and Stoll - which is a little below their average (5.5 AAs/season).

The comment @Kentucky_Mudflap made about next year being Iowa's year is legit, though. But I guess that's a discussion for after nationals.

47 minutes ago, pamela said:

Haven't updated these #s since the 2017 tournament, but Brands got 1 individual champion last year (Lee) which is above his average (0.9 champs per season) and I think 5 AAs - Lee, Sorenson, Kimmer, Marinelli, and Stoll - which is a little below their average (5.5 AAs/season).

The comment @Kentucky_Mudflap made about next year being Iowa's year is legit, though. But I guess that's a discussion for after nationals.

Yeah, well, those are just like facts, man!