Crash

If only Flo cared 10% as much about Streaming Quality as Seedings

1 hour ago, Zebra said:

That would Skype and I agree with you, it sucks. 

Skype was only the vessel of the link... no different than an emailed link... that POS service YOUTUBE forced me to replica the link just so it would load...

YOUTUBE SUKS!!!!!!

Just now, LJB said:

Skype was only the vessel of the link... no different than an emailed link... that POS service YOUTUBE forced me to replica the link just so it would load...

YOUTUBE SUKS!!!!!!

I challenge you to find a single post where I ever said Flo sucks. You will not. 

And skype is not like an e-mail link, not at all. Skype is a data service which buffers any and all packetized data and it is transmitted through their server system. E-mail links do not do that as once you click on the link it takes you from the e-mail server directly to the link server. That is a massive difference. 

Willie and the boys are not expected to fix the technical problems.  But they can acknowledge them, apologize, give status updates, etc..

Instead they act like d*cks giving attitude, ignoring the problem, blocking people and taking the "you should be happy to have anything" position.

14 minutes ago, Crash said:

Willie and the boys are not expected to fix the technical problems.  But they can acknowledge them, apologize, give status updates, etc..

Instead they act like d*cks giving attitude, ignoring the problem, blocking people and taking the "you should be happy to have anything" position.

You should be happy to have anything.

I give FLO a mixed report card.   But they improve all aspects each and every year.

The live streaming quality is a C+.   They have a ways to go, but it mostly works.  I respect the complainers and assume the problems are real.  I personally don't care so much about live content.

The presentation on their web pages has soared in organization and quality.  It is now a pleasure to go to events and find different video clips or entire matches.  A+.

The articles, analysis, radio show gets an A.   They are trying to cover an awful lot of wrestling, only a small portion of which (college D1) interests me.   They pull it off about as well as can be done.   They bring enthusiasm and good spirit.

Price  - I can't bitch about having to pay an annual subscription.   I only desire 3-4 months of service, but I accept they need the additional revenue to maintain quality.    We love a specialty sport and have to pay the piper.

Their support of non-web, newer technologies gets a D-.   They really are stuck in 2010.   All the complete matches, all the radio shows, etc. could easily be placed on ROKU and Apple TV platforms (at least)  for high quality, easy access.    Instead, they put a small amount of content there and pretend to offer those options.
I suspect the real explanation is that they get more ad revenues harvesting clicks on the web site than they can make on TV apps.    Well, it is time for them to bite the bullet - the commitment to an annual subscription  is enough, give us the content options.