Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Cisero

ESPN Press Release Full Television Coverage + ESPN Predictions

6 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

He’s picking Paris to be a semifinalist at heavyweight against White. I definitely don’t see that. 

ESPN knows nothing and cares little-to-nothing about wrestling. 

They're just playing a temporary 3-day fictitious role for those of us who do.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

1 hour ago, Zebra said:

But the video will work the entire time and the cameras will actually be pointed at the mats. 

Flo did not produce the video for the Big Ten Championship and did not control the camera operators. That was BTN. We received the complaints and told our production partners but nothing got through. So eventually I think Bader just ended up walking around and taping camera guys on the shoulder. 

58 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Flo did not produce the video for the Big Ten Championship and did not control the camera operators. That was BTN. We received the complaints and told our production partners but nothing got through. So eventually I think Bader just ended up walking around and taping camera guys on the shoulder. 

Man I was joking. You FLO dudes need to chill out and accept the reality of life on the internet, good, bad, and ugly.

If you guys are just going to be so defensive all the time everybody will end up hating you even more than they already do. 

3 minutes ago, Zebra said:

Man I was joking. You FLO dudes need to chill out and accept the reality of life on the internet, good, bad, and ugly.

If you guys are just going to be so defensive all the time everybody will end up hating you even more than they already do. 

my bad dude. the camera thing is definitely an issue and its sucks when we have very little control over it. just trying to provide some background. 

1 minute ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

my bad dude. the camera thing is definitely an issue and its sucks when we have very little control over it. just trying to provide some background. 

My point still stands. If you guys keep coming on to any forum / social media platform and act the way you do, you will drive away the customer base you already have. Nobody likes to be lectured or hear excuses when they have legitimate complaints. All it does is piss them off even more.  

1 minute ago, Zebra said:

My point still stands. If you guys keep coming on to any forum / social media platform and act the way you do, you will drive away the customer base you already have. Nobody likes to be lectured or hear excuses when they have legitimate complaints. All it does is piss them off even more.  

appreciate the advice but Flo's brand is just going to have to suffer. I've been posting here far longer than I've been working at Flo, too late to stop now! 

I'd take advantage of the ignore function on this board, tho. it works great! 

9 minutes ago, Zebra said:

I'm a newbie and I'm amazed how some caused at least 2 threads to shut down recently due to rants about non-wrestling issues. 

I could see your point Zebra and I bet it really turned off and drove off many. 

12 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

appreciate the advice but Flo's brand is just going to have to suffer. I've been posting here far longer than I've been working at Flo, too late to stop now! 

I'd take advantage of the ignore function on this board, tho. it works great! 

The Ignore button is an excellent feature here on the forum. I've used it often in order to keep the topic on wrestling and ONLY on wrestling.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:00 AM, Marcus Cisero said:

Kind of like Sports Illustrated takes up a spot on the floor with a photographer, but they hardly ever put photos in the magazine.....so I stopped looking at it about 30 NCAA's ago.

It makes me sick that only one wrestler has ever been on the cover of Sports Illustrated....you see, anybody can at least play football, basketball in the backyard.....but can everybody wrestle?????  Most of your sports writers probably never wrestled and gained a true appreciation for our oldest and greatest sport.....that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.  Fadz

hodge

WOW.....over 60 years and 1 wrestler on the cover.....SAD

On 3/15/2019 at 7:00 AM, Marcus Cisero said:

Ryan Hockensmith wrestled from elementary thru HS. 1996.I thought he could have wretlled D3 But went to Ship before transfering to PSU, where he gained some natonal note, not for covering PSU football and wrestling, but because of his struggle with menengitis. His brother covers wrestling for Patriot News/ Pennlive. I had to "fire" his mother from writing the wrestling booster club newsletter. Ryan also got his older step brother to wrestle fot tthe first tlme as a senior to fill a total hole.

So i agree that ESPN may not care about wrestling, but you are 100% wrong to say the reporter does not care or know anything about the sport. I might question a couple of picks, att 174 , 285

RichB

I just looked up the ESPN article about Ryan Kockensmith and his battle with meningitis. I did not know of him but was touched by what I read. I apologize for making a blanket statement about the network. I was only doing so based on what I see during the tournaments every year. ESPN has become incredibly PC in general so I have no love for them whatsoever.

As it relates to the Patriot News / Penn live, I’m one who applauds their incredible coverage of PA high school wrestling, not only throughout the season but during states. I always pick up the 2nd and 3rd day PA states recap at their vendor booth at the Hershey Giant Center to read in the stands before the session begins Friday and Saturday morning.  In comparison, I used to live in Long Island NY 20 years ago and often complained about the lack of wrestling coverage in the Newsday (our local paper). Even though Section XI dominated the entire state back then as it does now, we received very little acknowledgement. They really were the worst back then. Not sure what it’s like these days.

Again sir, please accept my apology. I meant no disrespect.

Edited by Marcus Cisero