Sign in to follow this  
VQLSWAIN

Stalling on Delgado

I am not sure this has been addressed, but I want to ask about the stalling calls Delgado recieves. When as an officialwhen you can watch and see that Delgado uses stepping back and circling away to get his opponent to step in and then nearly every time he takes a shot (and usually finishes them all), do you call him for stalling at any point when he backs up? Its not like he puts on his track shoes and runs when he has built up a lead, or is just blocking off, he is still looking to score. And he isn't scoring from a counter to someone else shooting, he is the one who gets in deep. Why does this happen?!

Delgado seemed offended that he got called for stalling in that match with McDonough Sunday. I don't care if you take 30 shots in the match. If you aren't doing anything on top, you deserve to be called for stalling.

Wrestling on one knee should be stalling. You don't see anyone but 125lbers get away with this. It is a tactic waters, bonanno, and now McDonough have all tried to use to negate Delgado's offense/speed. Hasn't worked but if that's not stalling then milking a few seconds off the clock to re-adjust after a takedown certainly isn't.

Thanks, I thought the stalling was from neutral
If you watch the match and listen to the ref, he tells Delgado to work up, work up, work up (or move up can't remember the verbiage) and he just lays there with McD legs scissored (with his arm) and refuses to move up. McD is giving the ref the flip of his hands, like what I am supposed to do in this position.

Here is what I feel McD needs to do to win. Stand his ground and don't chase Delgado, when Delgado backs up, just maintain your position on the mat. Also if he does get taken down or when he's on bottom he needs an escape where he doesn't keep facing into Delgado. Delgado drops onto a leg when he does this and gets into his favorite position of scrambling/holding on and killing valuable time.

Saying that, I still want Delgado to win.

Here is what I feel McD needs to do to win. Stand his ground and don't chase Delgado, when Delgado backs up, just maintain your position on the mat.

McD. is a pressure guy, always coming forward, always trying to get his hands on his opponent so he can work his short offense. He's been very successful with this strategy, besides which, I don't think he knows how to wrestle any other way.

With Delgado's speed advantage, if McD doesn't get his hands on Delgado to slow him down, he gets picked apart.

Here is what I feel McD needs to do to win. Stand his ground and don't chase Delgado, when Delgado backs up, just maintain your position on the mat.

McD. is a pressure guy, always coming forward, always trying to get his hands on his opponent so he can work his short offense. He's been very successful with this strategy, besides which, I don't think he knows how to wrestle any other way.

As was evidenced against Robles. No change of game plan and he didn't have much chance. Kjar wrestled Robles much better and came away with a 4-2 loss, Robles' closest loss of the year.