Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Final Coaches Rankings

https://drexeldragons.com/services/download_file.ashx?file_location=https://s3.amazonaws.com/drexeldragons.com/documents/2019/3/14/2019_Final_Coaches_Ranking_Mar_13.pdf

Lemonpie,

Please note that Dhesi ranked almost identical to Flo and Intermat with the understandable exception of Wood ahead of him.  So, he was very likely to be in that 4/5 semi slot against White if not for the inexplicable 5 seed for young Mr. Parris. 

As I said, and even Flo themselves have often pointed out, the coaches have been known to literally just copy their rankings.  Now, obviously the seeding committee doesn’t follow these verbatim, but they often seem to give them more weight than assigned depending on head to heads available as those 2 criteria often seem to be damn near the only criteria used.....

I’ll give you this one, but he was ranked 15th in their previous poll.  All he did was beat a few pac-12 duds since then.  Nonsensical movement.  Really the only way to make this bracket fair was to make Dhesi the 8 or 9.

Edited by LemonPie

2 hours ago, LemonPie said:

I’ll give you this one, but he was ranked 15th in their previous poll.  All he did was beat a few pac-12 duds since then.  Nonsensical movement.  Really the only way to make this bracket fair was to make Dhesi the 8 or 9.

I don’t argue with you, IF seeding was truly done based ONLY on this year’s results. However, rankings simply aren’t done that way and rankings are a significant part of seeding.  Dhesi was the highest returning placer and I think most chalk the Parris loss up to rust.

Both rankers  and coaches aren’t going to put Dhesi down any lower. He only has 1 loss, coming after missing half the season, due to making a World Team, right after taking 3rd at NCAA’s. 

If he is back to the same form he was at lay NCAA’s, he will finish Top 4 and Steveson has by far the toughest quarter final out of the top 4 seeds.