Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

LOW SEED CONTEST

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

Surprised you didn't put Brock Mauller (#4) on your list. I have near 100% confidence that Ashnault will choke at NCAAs, plus it's kind of a weak weight class. After Mauller crushed Gfeller I started thinking Mauller a great chance to win NCAAs as a FR.

Maueller is the 4 seed.

5 Eierman

5 Marstellar

7 DeSanto

All these seeds are lower than the 4 seed so when you are supposed to pick the lowest seed you think you can win then you pick the lowest number that you think can win. 5 and 7 are lower than 4. I hope this helps the confusion of why he picked what he did and why he didn't pick Mauller at the 4.

(4) Ronnie Bresser, ORST – 125

(7) Austin DeSanto, IOWA, - 133

(5) Chance Marsteller, LH – 165

I do not see any other weights where there is a realistic chance for any seed lower than 3 of winning the title. Five weights I do not think will be any lower than #1. 

1 hour ago, Zebra said:

(4) Ronnie Bresser, ORST – 125

(7) Austin DeSanto, IOWA, - 133

(5) Chance Marsteller, LH – 165

I do not see any other weights where there is a realistic chance for any seed lower than 3 of winning the title. Five weights I do not think will be any lower than #1. 

I think you could make a case for

141 - Eierman (5) since he's beaten Yianni

and

149 - Mauller (4), Kolodzik (5) and Gfeller (7) all have realistic shots IMO

but other than that I agree.  

53 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

and

149 - Mauller (4), Kolodzik (5) and Gfeller (7) all have realistic shots IMO

but other than that I agree.  

I do not see anyone other than the #1 seed winning at 141, 149, 157, 184, and 197. I do not see anyway 174 and WHT have anyone outside the 3 seed even make the finals. 

That leaves 125, 133 and 165. 

1 hour ago, Zebra said:

I do not see anyone other than the #1 seed winning at 141, 149, 157, 184, and 197. I do not see anyway 174 and WHT have anyone outside the 3 seed even make the finals. 

That leaves 125, 133 and 165. 

Definitely rooting for Ashnault and he’s the favorite but it’s very feasible for him to lose.  He’s had several close calls this year (Micah, Silva, Lugo, Gfeller) and has been beaten by Kolodzik before.   

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Eierman didn't beat Yianni.  Yianni beat Yianni.  Watch the match.

Edited by lu_alum

1 hour ago, lu_alum said:

Eierman didn't beat Yianni.  Yianni beat Yianni.  Watch the match.

I hate that this is the best film we have and it may end up being Yianni’s only college loss. This happened in 2017. How do we not have better footage? 

4 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Fausz has piqued my interest as well.  He is fun to watch

Agreed--he did just get mopped by Mueller @ ACC's though, although I admittedly haven't seen that match.  He should get better as the tournament goes on given the massive weight cut, so maybe  if everything breaks perfectly.  Better chance he gets destroyed by Spencer in the second round and bombs out of the tournament again without reaching AA. 

5 hours ago, scribe said:

This is really a contest no man wants to win. 

Well that depends upon your point of view. The #33 seed would love to win as much as the #1. Not as likely but still. 

12 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Winner - HokieHWT

Sweet! I’d like to thank Mekhi for working his butt off and shocking the world outside of Hokies who knew he would do it! Time to send the SERTC another nice check.

7 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

Sweet! I’d like to thank Mekhi for working his butt off and shocking the world outside of Hokies who knew he would do it! Time to send the SERTC another nice check.

<3