Cruocified

Brands' comment on the pundits.

After talking about Spencer Lee.

I'm amused constantly at people thinking that they know what I am talking about at press conferences, and especially the bigger wrestling "news" pundits out there, and they don't know **** from shinola ... These pundits, they just want to make up stories along the way, and I'll just leave it at that, how's that?

Who could he possibly be referring to!?

He does call out Flo later in the interview over how amused he and his wife are over how they try to make a big deal out of small things like Warner's shoulder injury earlier in the season.

https://soundcloud.com/todd-conner-349810518/tom-brands-ncaas-preview-interview

Edited by Cruocified

Can't be me because I have a real can of Shinola and can tell it apart from the Dog Shiz and cowpies. Can even tell it apart from Buffalo Chips - because we have neighbors who raise bison and I know what that is.

Now Kiwi shoe polish... maybe Brands has a point?

If Flo wasn't around, fewer people would be talking about wrestling. The old guard probably likes that.  Its like our neighborhood. Used to be a bunch of farms. Now its a couple of housing developments and we provide significant school funding. But all the old folks comment about is that their sleepy township is ruined.

Whether you agree with the pundits or not, their opinions generate discussions among wrestling fans. This stuff happens all the time in college football and basketball. Wrestling needs more of it. Looks like Brands can’t take the heat. 

5 hours ago, gowrestle said:

Looks like Brands can’t take the heat. 

Brands makes himself available to flo more than anyone of the top coaches except maybe John Smith, but I'm sure proximity plays a part there. Just because he criticizes mis-reporting and now he can't take the heat? Please bruh.

13 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Brands makes himself available to flo more than anyone of the top coaches except maybe John Smith, but I'm sure proximity plays a part there. Just because he criticizes mis-reporting and now he can't take the heat? Please bruh.

I’m not your bruh!

9 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

This is a good thing for the sport. Coaches criticizing Flo, Flo still doing their thing, etc

you see it in every sport. This doesn’t mean Flo nor Brands should change anything. Nobody likes the media all the time. 

Was just typing a reply to the exact same effect.  Where have we seen this before... except in every other sport in America. 

I love it - People don't understand what I say.  Yogi Berra has nothing on him!  

"I love a guy that leads with his face"

"Sh!t from shinola""

I would still like this guy if he hadn't nut tucked vs NW.

In big boy sports the media is always critiquing and criticizing the moves by coaches and players. What drives the TV and radio numbers are the pundits doing that kind of stuff. No one wants to hear a pundit stroking the already big ego of coaches and players, they want to hear critiques.

The problem in wrestling if the media starts doing that then the coach or school shuts down and doesn't give them any info. 

1 hour ago, BobDole said:

In big boy sports the media is always critiquing and criticizing the moves by coaches and players. What drives the TV and radio numbers are the pundits doing that kind of stuff. No one wants to hear a pundit stroking the already big ego of coaches and players, they want to hear critiques.

The problem in wrestling if the media starts doing that then the coach or school shuts down and doesn't give them any info. 

You just described every sport.  Nick Saban is in a big boy sport and he whines about the media 100Xs more.  The job of the media and the job of the Coach are sometimes at odds and they will sometimes not like each other.  Don't try to make that a wrestling thing.  

16 minutes ago, boconnell said:

You just described every sport.  Nick Saban is in a big boy sport and he whines about the media 100Xs more.  The job of the media and the job of the Coach are sometimes at odds and they will sometimes not like each other.  Don't try to make that a wrestling thing.  

The difference is Saban and company can't completely shut out the media. Brands and co can shut out Flo and then they get no information or get it later than they usually would. See Penn State as an example of a team that keeps info within their inside circle. 

Big boy college football might be able to shut out Sports Illustrated, but they then have Fox Sports, ESPN, and so on that is getting their info. In wrestling you have Flo as the big dawg with Trackwrestling, WIN, AWN, TOM, etc as others, but not really as big.

12 hours ago, panewbie1 said:

If Flo wasn't around, fewer people would be talking about wrestling. The old guard probably likes that.  Its like our neighborhood. Used to be a bunch of farms. Now its a couple of housing developments and we provide significant school funding. But all the old folks comment about is that their sleepy township is ruined.

you ever watch Yellowstone with costner?

you will understand what those old folks are talking about.