Kentucky_Mudflap

Dresser Coach of the Year Cyclone Nation Proud

Hombres three short years and my close personal friend Kevin Dresser got coach of the year well deserved kudos and laudations to the best coach out there turnaround expert program doctor my close personal friend KJ run that program right into the ground Dresser come over got rid of those clubhouse cancers run off all the bad apples now hes got hisself a team.

Now friends there aint no love lost between Dresser and Tommy some of you friends what aint schooled up on the worlds oldest and gratest sport aint aware Dressers from Humboldt and Brands is from Sheldon them two towns aint the best of friends plus Dresser knows Tommy was dodging him when he was down to Va Tech Dresser almost got him down to Iowa City this year he says he challenged him now hes ready to smash him next year seems like Bartas got hisself the wrong coach dont it gents?

21 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

The entertainment value of this persona is evaporating.  We get it, you're gonna dig at Tommy whenever you get the chance.  MIss the old humor and occasional insider info.  JMHO

Pretty sure once he started digging at the program more and more the inside information dried up.

I know Dresser dropped the whole "oranges" line, but does anyone really think there is that much hatred between Iowa and Dresser behind closed doors? I really doubt there is. Dresser has Metcalf and St. John on his coaching staff. Don't you think he spoke to Brands about these guys before he brought them on board? I always took their feud as more of theater than an actual beef. 

Also I am very familiar with N'west Iowa. There is enough distance between Sheldon and Humboldt that I don't know one person from Sheldon who has a problem with Humboldt. Not one. 

14 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I know Dresser dropped the whole "oranges" line, but does anyone really think there is that much hatred between Iowa and Dresser behind closed doors? I really doubt there is. Dresser has Metcalf and St. John on his coaching staff. Don't you think he spoke to Brands about these guys before he brought them on board? I always took their feud as more of theater than an actual beef. 

Also I am very familiar with N'west Iowa. There is enough distance between Sheldon and Humboldt that I don't know one person from Sheldon who has a problem with Humboldt. Not one. 

Probably just window dressing for the rivalry, I doubt there's any real heat.

2 hours ago, Kentucky_Mudflap said:

Hombres three short years and my close personal friend Kevin Dresser got coach of the year well deserved kudos and laudations to the best coach out there turnaround expert program doctor my close personal friend KJ run that program right into the ground Dresser come over got rid of those clubhouse cancers run off all the bad apples now hes got hisself a team.

Now friends there aint no love lost between Dresser and Tommy some of you friends what aint schooled up on the worlds oldest and gratest sport aint aware Dressers from Humboldt and Brands is from Sheldon them two towns aint the best of friends plus Dresser knows Tommy was dodging him when he was down to Va Tech Dresser almost got him down to Iowa City this year he says he challenged him now hes ready to smash him next year seems like Bartas got hisself the wrong coach dont it gents?

I'm a Brands fan, but he's not getting it done.  

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

If Metcalf didn't speak to Brands about the possibility of going to ISU, why would Dresser?

Congrats to Dresser on COY. It was inevitable that he would turn the program around. He recruits well, he's an excellent fundraiser, and Iowa State is giving the wrestling program the attention ($$$) it needs to compete with Iowa. 

Let's be real.....Metcalf and St. John went to ISU because of the money. The fact that Terry makes $167k+ as an assistant is just ludicrous. It's not about the "Iowa Way" anymore to Metcalf and St. John anymore....it's about paying bills. 

The next 2 years Iowa should be quite a bit better than ISU, but give Dresser time to get an entire recruiting cycle in there and he will be causing problems.

3 hours ago, russelscout said:

I had a sketchy meal in Humboldt once. So put me on the list. :)
#Orabs

2 minutes ago, ISUChip said:

I had a sketchy meal in Humboldt once. So put me on the list. :)
#Orabs

1. I didn't know there were Sheldon wrestling fans out there still. Wouldn't know it from the town. 
2. How does an Orab become a ISU wrestling fan? No love for the Brands? 

17 minutes ago, russelscout said:

1. I didn't know there were Sheldon wrestling fans out there still. Wouldn't know it from the town. 
2. How does an Orab become a ISU wrestling fan? No love for the Brands? 

1. There probably aren't. Now, they are "Sheldon-South O'Brien" wrestling fans.
2. An Orab whose family (and he) went to Iowa State.

I actually went to a couple of different celebrations they had in town for T&T. Gable was at one of them (probably after 1990 NCAAs). My old man brought me over to Gable and told me, "Now THIS is the guy you really need to meet. Oh, and HE went to Iowa State, too." (Not having had much exposure to the world of wrestling prior to that moment, I am ashamed to admit that this piece of information was new to me at the time.)

Congrats to KD! We hated seeing him leave VT but he couldn’t pass on the Iowa state job. His success isn’t shocking to anyone that knows him. Best of luck to him and the cyclones unless they match up against VT. 

Metcalf going with Dresser was was the best move he could have made. Maryland would be smart to get him..  however MSU, or Illinois would be excellent fits for him if they opened. If he stayed at IA   I wouldn't feel the same but branching out helps.  We would take him in Missouri whenever Smith retires down the road :)