Sign in to follow this  
steamboat_charlie v2

2019 NCAA Betting Hub

For those of you that are interested, I thought I'd consolidate some of the lines that are out there for discussion in one thread.

Lee +110
Rivera +140
Picc +200
Bresser +400
Field +1500

Suriano +120
Fix +140
Micic +180
Phillipi +600
Field +900

Yianni -250
McKenna +160
Lee +600
Eierman +800
Field +2000

Ashnault -222
Jordan +165
Kolodzik +400
Finesilver +900
Field +1500

No odds to win posted... Nolf too much of a lock

Joseph -110
Marinelli +125
Marstellar +400
Massa +600
Wick +700
Field +2000

Hall -149
Valencia +115
Lewis +400
Field +900

No odds to win posted... Martin too much of a lock

No odds to win posted... Nickal too much of a lock

Steveson -222
Cassar +170
White +190
Dhesi +450
Field +1800

In general I think these lines are pretty rough--don't really see too much value.  There are also lines to place posted, but those are even more brutal.  I may just take a flyer on the field at every weight class and root for pure chaos.  

Nick Lee at +600 and Eierman at +800 is a little interesting as well. 

Have you seen how the odds have been moving/changing?

I have a hard time deciphering sports odds, like I can't tell if Yianni -250, Field +2000 means 141 is the most top-heavy bracket and Yianni is the most favored of all to win a title, or if it means too many people are betting on Yianni and not enough on the 141 field so they move the numbers to entice more bets on the others.

3 minutes ago, pamela said:

Have you seen how the odds have been moving/changing?

I have a hard time deciphering sports odds, like I can't tell if Yianni -250, Field +2000 means 141 is the most top-heavy bracket and Yianni is the most favored of all to win a title, or if it means too many people are betting on Yianni and not enough on the 141 field so they move the numbers to entice more bets on the others.

I haven't been tracking them.  It makes sense logically to me that Yianni would be the biggest favorite after the 3 untouchables, so -250 doesn't seem unreasonable in relation to the other favorites, so I doubt he opened up at too much of a softer number but can't be absolutely sure about that.  

As far as the field bets... last time one would have paid would be Myles Martin in 2016 and Brewer in 2015 the year before that. Last few years have been pretty chalk in terms of champs.  

Rivera and especially Picc and Bresser are great value at 125.  Field at 133.  Lee and Eierman at 141.  Finesilver and Field at 149.  Marstellar at 165.  Getting plus odds on Zahid and Daniel Lewis is also fantastic.  Same thing with Cassar at HWT.

At these odds I like

Fix +140

Finesilver + 900

Maybe Zahid @ +115

Derek White @ almost 2-1 looks good too. He should walk to the finals. If Cassar beats Gable its basically +190 to beat a guy that he already beat. 

Edited by jsmalls131313
Added D. White