jcjcjc

Celebrations that age well

Fine Wine: The Shnaulty pew-pew finger pistols look like a scrub move in contrast to Bubba Jenkins throwing up the ankle bands to shoot them with his finger sporting rifle after decking Magic Man. 

Cheap Beer: Brands telling Clark to throw him was awkward. I’ve never seen Cory Clark do anything prior or since that makes that seem like a sincere emotional response. Can you imagine any other coach dictating a celebration to an athlete? But, I did think it was fun to watch.

4 Loco: Chad Red Senior volleyball spiked his son after his Big Ten semifinal victory. The seeding committee must have taken this into account knowing if possible lingering concussion symptoms and responded with a 16 seed for junior. In all seriousness, the Reds’ celebrations go pretty far sometimes, but they are fun and seem to be actual celebrations not staged acts. 

Cheap Beer: Rulon Gardner’s somersault was an accurate emblem of the non-wrestling world’s reaction to this legendary match.

Fine Wine: Kenny Monday’s dad raged amazingly when his son hit the body lock in overtime for Olympic Gold. I watch that on YouTube every two months. That’s how dad’s should do it. 

Fine Wine: Darrion Caldwell falling to the mat and lifting his arms in victory is iconic enough to be used as an international symbol of achievement. Tim Johnson’s reaction to it has not aged well. 

Wine, yet affordable Wine: Andre Metger handled getting kicked in the balls by the Cuban at Pan-Amd like a champ. He even fist pumped to the crowd after the craziness. 

Anyways, I’m pretty hyped about the tournament starting. 

Can’t beat Chandler Rogers’ final bout as a Cowboy... go to 9:42 on the video:
https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6305711-iowa-at-oklahoma-state-2019-ncaa-wrestling/videos?playing=6373376&limit=60 

1. Dusts off his hands
  2. Rolls the dice
  3. O-S-U to the crowd
  4. Shoots the guns
  5. Then takes a bow to the fans in the North-East-South-West

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those are much more acceptable than my celebration. After winning the final match in a FS dual against Iran in 1985 I did a backflip, grabbed the Iranian flag, then proceeded to "saw" it through my legs, front to back, like I was drying my ass after taking a shower. The Iranians were outraged, we barely got out with our lives.

1 hour ago, jcjcjc said:

Fine Wine: The Shnaulty pew-pew finger pistols look like a scrub move in contrast to Bubba Jenkins throwing up the ankle bands to shoot them with his finger sporting rifle after decking Magic Man. 

Cheap Beer: Brands telling Clark to throw him was awkward. I’ve never seen Cory Clark do anything prior or since that makes that seem like a sincere emotional response. Can you imagine any other coach dictating a celebration to an athlete? But, I did think it was fun to watch.

4 Loco: Chad Red Senior volleyball spiked his son after his Big Ten semifinal victory. The seeding committee must have taken this into account knowing if possible lingering concussion symptoms and responded with a 16 seed for junior. In all seriousness, the Reds’ celebrations go pretty far sometimes, but they are fun and seem to be actual celebrations not staged acts. 

Cheap Beer: Rulon Gardner’s somersault was an accurate emblem of the non-wrestling world’s reaction to this legendary match.

Fine Wine: Kenny Monday’s dad raged amazingly when his son hit the body lock in overtime for Olympic Gold. I watch that on YouTube every two months. That’s how dad’s should do it. 

Fine Wine: Darrion Caldwell falling to the mat and lifting his arms in victory is iconic enough to be used as an international symbol of achievement. Tim Johnson’s reaction to it has not aged well. 

Wine, yet affordable Wine: Andre Metger handled getting kicked in the balls by the Cuban at Pan-Amd like a champ. He even fist pumped to the crowd after the craziness. 

Anyways, I’m pretty hyped about the tournament starting. 

A fine wine that combines the Kenny Monday and Darrion Caldwell moments: Jayson Ness after defeating Dan Dennis, does the iconic fall to the mat / arm raise, runs off the mat like a runaway dump truck, and is absolutely HAULED way up and on top of the wall by his father from the first row. That lower back strength display by Mr. Ness may have been the most impressive thing about that moment.   

5 hours ago, custom fitch said:

A fine wine that combines the Kenny Monday and Darrion Caldwell moments: Jayson Ness after defeating Dan Dennis, does the iconic fall to the mat / arm raise, runs off the mat like a runaway dump truck, and is absolutely HAULED way up and on top of the wall by his father from the first row. That lower back strength display by Mr. Ness may have been the most impressive thing about that moment.   

Chad Red Senior has to hoist junior at B1Gs as well. 

Hoisting is a skill all fathers should be working on...can Mr. Martin hoist Myles Saturday?