ConnorsDad

NCAA Session 1 Thread

FYI if your running things through the ESPN App the quickest way to find everything is to go to Featured, then scroll to Leagues, then find NCAA Wrestling.  That will open up all the mat options to easily move between.  Probsblt run the scoreboard off a phone/computer to see what matches are coming up and run the app on my TV to switch between mats. 

Edited by MadMardigain

4 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

FYI if your running things through the ESPN App the quickest way to find everything is to go to Featured, then scroll to Leagues, then find NCAA Wrestling.  That will open up all the mat options to easily move between.  Probsblt run the scoreboard off a phone/computer to see what matches are coming up and run the app on my TV to switch between mats. 

Thank you. I was screwing **** up already.

56 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Girlfriends working, took the day off work, bottle of rum, six pack, TV's & computer setup and a frozen pizza. No kid to bother me either. Doesn't get any better than this. Hope everybody has a great day and good luck to all the wrestlers.

Bottle of rum? Hopefully Ron Centenario Zacapa 23 Reserva. Less than $2 per year of ageing makes it the best value at Total Wine in Delaware. The currency exchange rate between the dollar and the Guatemala currency is good for this. That rum or the Zacapa XO if your budget allows. 

Edited by TBar1977

35 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Girlfriends working, took the day off work, bottle of rum, six pack, TV's & computer setup and a frozen pizza. No kid to bother me either. Doesn't get any better than this. Hope everybody has a great day and good luck to all the wrestlers.

TMI ... but  what is Connor doing?

42 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Point of note: The pizzas taste better if they're cooked. But do you, boo-boo. :-)

So excited for today!  Btw here's the TV schedule:

TODAY (THU, 3/21)

• 12 - 3:30pm EDT ... Session I - first round, ESPNU (8 mats)
  • 7 - 10:30pm ... Session II - second round, ESPN (8 mats)

FRI, 3/22

• 11am - 2pm ... Session III - quarterfinals, ESPNU (8 mats)
  • 8 - 11pm ... Session IV - semifinals, ESPN (6 mats)

SAT, 3/23

• 11am - 2pm ... Session V - medal round, ESPNU (3 mats)
  • 6:30 - 7pm ... Championship finals preview, ESPN3
  • 7 - 10pm ... Championship finals, session VI ESPN (1 mat)
  • Right after finals ... post-show, ESPN3

ESPN3 will have cameras on individual mats and you can watch them all through the ESPN app or on Apple TV or Roku. 

If anyone wants to provide ESPN with feedback or thanks for their great wrestling tournament coverage, direct your comments to

Derek Volner 
tel 860-384-9986
email Derek.Volner@ESPN.com 
twitter @DerekVolner

9 minutes ago, leshismore said:

I can't believe Joe Smith just got pinned in the Pigtail.!!!!!!!!!!

If it really happens it might not be the worst thing for Joe.  I saw this on the OSU board...

Perhaps it already been said, I think he has a better shot at team points and bonus points and an easier path to AA if he loses his pigtail and wrestles back through...
if he wins his first match and loses vs. Marinelli..
-he wrestles either Viruet (brown) or Bullard (nc state)
-he wins above he gets Flynn (miss)
-he wins above he gets ashworth (wyo) or white (neb)
-he wins above he gets either Wick or Marsteller

If he loses the pigtail...
- he gets Diblasi (gmu)
- he wins that he gets either navy or Rider
- he wins that he gets Fogarty (ndsu)
- he wins that he gets either Jarrell (Drex) or Cambell (oh state)
- he wins above he gets ashworth or white in the blood rd...

Sent a text to the wife, telling her I saved $200-300 on food and beverage for the weekend.

NCAA Experience also includes programs and updated bracket sheets each session. A view from Sec 112...

da3996a54d18c063b6268c56d00406b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Bottle of rum? Hopefully Ron Centenario Zacapa 23 Reserva. Less than $2 per year of ageing makes it the best value at Total Wine in Delaware. The currency exchange rate between the dollar and the Guatemala currency is good for this. That rum or the Zacapa XO if your budget allows. 

I have had it but I tend to buy Pirate. Extremely good!

Just now, ConnorsDad said:

Yep. Couldn't remember the spelling

I don't believe there's any liquor with a wide variety of tastes from good to bad as rum. I've had some bad vodka but it was still drinkable. I've had some bad rum that I thought was going to kill me and good rum is just exquisite.