ConnorsDad

NCAA Session 1 Thread

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The announcers said Hughes picked top?

After Jacobe chose down.  He got half choked for 4 minutes and then finally gave up a quick 2 swipes and RT to send it to OT where he promptly scores a TD to win.  If he just picks neutral in the 2nd he might get a MD.

Edited by boconnell

10 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Stop your complaining you baby. 

I guess you are right. It’s not like anything I said was accurate, nor should the guy that just mollywhopped a 2x champ expect anything different.  Earn top seed, draw a top 5 wrestler. Get destroyed in your conference final, draw a undersized guy that can’t stop getting pinned being tilted. Shame on me for noticing!  PSU! PSU! PSU!

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

After Jacobe went down.  He got half choked for 4 minutes and then finally gave up a quick 2 swipes and RT to send it to OT where he promptly scores a TD to win.  If he just picks neutral in the 2nd he might get a MD.

OHHHH.  He picked down in the second, and then Hughes picked top.  Wow.  Bad coaching.

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

After Jacobe went down.  He got half choked for 4 minutes and then finally gave up a quick 2 swipes and RT to send it to OT where he promptly scores a TD to win.  If he just picks neutral in the 2nd he might get a MD.

That was HORRIBLE coaching. Scout your 1st round matchup. Sheesh. Hughes has been a 1 trick pony his whole career. 

Just now, VakAttack said:

OHHHH.  He picked down in the second, and then Hughes picked top.  Wow.  Bad coaching.

He scored 3 TDs on 3 shots in 2.5 minutes of neutral wrestling and looked like he could have picked his score in neutral.  

John has always been super stubborn about guys going bottom.  Weigel is the only guy I've seen who is allowed to go where he wants.  

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

I guess you are right. It’s not like anything I said was accurate, nor should the guy that just mollywhopped a 2x champ expect anything different.  Earn top seed, draw a top 5 wrestler. Get destroyed in your conference final, draw a undersized guy that can’t stop getting pinned being tilted. Shame on me for noticing!  PSU! PSU! PSU!

How is Smith a top 5 wrestler? He was seeded 33

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

That was HORRIBLE coaching. Scout your 1st round matchup. Sheesh. Hughes has been a 1 trick pony his whole career. 

The bad things is they had scouted him.  They were talking to the ref about the count on the side headlock before the 2nd period started.  They knew what was coming but just did it anyways.  

9 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

You forgot the part where you could not handle a PSU fan interrupting your little cry session with "Meanwhile Marstellar looked good".

Edited by TBar1977