ConnorsDad

NCAA Session 1 Thread

1 hour ago, CoachWrestling said:

Say what you want, that match proved the seeding committee did a horrible job. Nothing else to say. 

The seed is what you have earned based on your body of work. Not who is better. If Mark Hall takes the entire year off for whatever reason should he be the number 1, 2 or 3 seed? Of course not, you can't do that. Asinine.

Just now, VakAttack said:

Lets also discuss in that Stoll match when the referee called Stoll for stalling once immediately after a restart in which he had hit Parris for stalling, and then also immediately after Parris hit a granby roll that Stoll shut down.

Let's not.  I think Stoll was the clearly deserving winner and said so, but I think everyone should be ready to stop talking about that match.

Just now, boconnell said:

Let's not.  I think Stoll was the clearly deserving winner and said so, but I think everyone should be ready to stop talking about that match.

I would love to, but my situation leaves me only able to discuss one match at a time thanks to ESPN. :(

3 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

The seed is what you have earned based on your body of work. Not who is better. If Mark Hall takes the entire year off for whatever reason should he be the number 1, 2 or 3 seed? Of course not, you can't do that. Asinine.

Parris was the most wrong too high of a seed. That was before the Stoll match. 

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I would love to, but my situation leaves me only able to discuss one match at a time thanks to ESPN. :(

If it's one of the dozen matches you watched live then I understand talking about it.  Especially since ESPN just showed high seeds crushing guys instead of doing the wrestling equivalent of NFL Redzone and showing all of the close matches.

3 hours ago, Perry said:

Lee does not look great in the first round (I say as he is approaching a tech fall)

I'm late to the game here as I am six hours ahead watching from a bar in Jerusalem. I can't be the only wrestling fan in the city but I wouldn't be surprised either. Anyhow, Lee is the only wrestler who can win 18-0 and look vulnerable as hell. At one point he was in exactly the same spot that got him pinned vs Picc. A more capable wrestler could have put him in a heap of trouble. Oh boy.

15 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

His body of work should have earned him a seed in the 20s

42 minutes ago, pamela said:

I like the new school Synder/Cassar/Steveson speed & technique Hwts as opposed to the Stoll/Coon lean-in Hwt style. I still wish Parris threw Stoll, he was just asking for it, haha.

So do I. I was being sarcastic, in a sense. I'm stoked Stoll won and love the way he won, but he is the last of a dying breed that needs to go out with a bang.

Really looking forward to Nolf destroying Van Brill as payback for intentionally injuring his knee last year. I know Nolf isnt an "eye for an eye" type individual but I hope he at least put twice as much intensity into beating him into oblivion before pinning him.

32 minutes ago, mattchristensen112 said:

First session was already awesome! Both days off of work, lots of screens, lots of food. d22bbca1db1bdb0f91da5c68a1481a06.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Matt, are you the same guy who shared a photograph of your basement with all the exercise equipment and a series of previous NCAA bracket books? I wouldnt be surprised!

I have a few hook-ups like you but only two.  Hope you're enjoying the event!

Edited by Marcus Cisero

Say what you want, that match proved the seeding committee did a horrible job. Nothing else to say. 

25% HTH: only head-to-head at 165 was v the guys who beat him at Big 12
20% Quality Wins: 4-2 record at 165 coming. 0-2 v the other 32 in the field
15% CP Rank: Final CP rank was 17th
10% Common Opponents: see Quality Wins
10% RPI: No RPI
10% Qualifying Event placement: 5th of 5 in his Qualifying Event
10% Win Pct: Not enough bouts for Win Pct

He is either at the bottom of, or doesn’t meet requirements for 85% of the seeding criteria. His only positive was CP Rank of #17.

#33 sounds about right to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Maybe he is weak, I don't know. But he isn't fleeing like MSU thinks. He's trying to circle, Stoll is trying to push. Stoll is clearly able to push in that position. Hwt is the most glaring of weights with pushing guys OOB. This match is text book example.

Is this your first college match? Big heavies push 

Matt, are you the same guy who shared a photograph of your basement with all the exercise equipment and a series of previous NCAA bracket books? I wouldnt be surprised!
I have a few hook-ups like you but only two.  Hope you're enjoying the event!
Lol nope that isn't me , but hope you are too!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Awesome 1st round! 2 of my Most Dangerous Wrestlers lost, but the rest won. BigTimeFan, FYI, wrestling is revered in Israel, their champions are honored throughout history. One of Americas greatest is Henry Wittenberg, a Jewish American, from the post WWII era. The Jewish wrestlers and coaches were the heroes/victims of the 1972 Olympic massacre. You're enjoying the sport in a great country to enjoy it in!

5 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

Yep, CHINA is the place for him to pursue Sumo.

I know where you are going with your response, Willie, but not all Sumo wrestlers are Japanese as once was the case. The strongest Sumo today is not Japanese. He is from Mongolia. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

I know where you are going with your response, Willie, but not all Sumo wrestlers are Japanese as once was the case. The strongest Sumo today is not Japanese. He is from Mongolia. 

come on... don't spoil the party trying to be all uppity...

it was an ignorant comment that deserves to be ridiculed... 

4 hours ago, Underhook said:

Lee almost puts himself in trouble on bottom a couple times in the second period, but ultimately cruises to a 18-0 tech. Nearly had the fall more than once. Spencer looks good, but might wanna take Neutral if he sees Picc in the semis 

I thought he looked good too, but man - he's taking a beating by a lot of Iowans in the Hawkeye forum. Much doubt. 

Edited by Marcus Cisero