CoachWrestling

ESPN3 Split Screen Option

4 minutes ago, pawrestler said:

same question...im driving my girlfriend crazy yelling about how i cant find it

It’s never helpful to have a girlfriend during wrestling season.  Tell her you’ll see her o. Sunday when it ends or late Saturday night if she been good and let you be.  

Edited by MadMardigain

On the ESPN app I can see a video "NCAA wrestling: Scoreboard" that just shows mat assignments so I'm switching tabs through Chromecast on my iPad and then looking at the mat assignments on my Computer

My cable provider screwed me.  I got ESPN3 as a part of my internet service and now they just told me I have to sign up for TV service for $40 a month and pay a deposit even though I just want it for 3 days.  This is very annoying.  

8 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

My cable provider screwed me.  I got ESPN3 as a part of my internet service and now they just told me I have to sign up for TV service for $40 a month and pay a deposit even though I just want it for 3 days.  This is very annoying.  

I made a free account on ESPNU and can watch it off my ipad with that. Didn't need to login to my Verizon account

5 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

How do i get the ESPN app on my computer?  For some reason, ESPN3 does not work anymore.  

My provider for internet, Cox, said I needed TV service for it.  I'm pretty sure this is 100% bull****. 

5 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

My provider for internet, Cox, said I needed TV service for it.  I'm pretty sure this is 100% bull****. 

I have TV service and can watch through the app on ipad/phone.  I want to watch on the computer though and espn3 doesn't seem to work anymore.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

This was available 2 years ago.

Last year, it was not available through the standard Interfaces, but some savvy viewers managed to find a way to access the old interface from 2 years ago.  They shared that link in one of the threads on here, so most of us were able to still access multicast capability.  Unfortunately, that old link no longer takes you to the old interface.  It now takes you to the standard one.

For those who have purchased an Apple TV (few hundred $$ depending on model chosen) and a subscription to ESPN ($4.99/mo), the multicast is still available.

F U ESPN, still better than Flo though bc at least the streams work.

open 4 browser pages and go to espn3.com each time picking a mat for each browser page. Then shrink each browser page into equal sizes of 4 and 1/4 size of the computer screen. filling the screen   Place them in 4 quadrants(upper left-mat1, upper right-mat 2, lower left-mat3 and lower right-mat4).  Get a second computer and do the same thing again with mats 5-8.  If you have access 2 two tv's with hdmi capability and both your computers(preferably laptops) have the hdmi capability as well, you can watch every match quite easily!

6 hours ago, jstock said:

I called ESPN, no longer an option. Lady said they haven’t had option in 2 years, I told her she is 100% wrong

scheit

It has been gone for about 2 years, there was a work around last year which is now gone.

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

open 4 browser pages and go to espn3.com each time picking a mat for each browser page. Then shrink each browser page into equal sizes of 4 and 1/4 size of the computer screen. filling the screen   Place them in 4 quadrants(upper left-mat1, upper right-mat 2, lower left-mat3 and lower right-mat4).  Get a second computer and do the same thing again with mats 5-8.  If you have access 2 two tv's with hdmi capability and both your computers(preferably laptops) have the hdmi capability as well, you can watch every match quite easily!

Can't do this unless you have access to at least 2 accounts with espn access.  According to espn customer service there is a limit of 5 concurrent streams and on top of that your internet provider might have a lower limit, if you have att uverse like me, the limit is now 3 (the 4th will play for about a minute and then 1 of the 4 will stop).  I know last year uverse allowed at least 4 because I was using the work around link.

customer service rep said something about them using Adobe software for the split screen function and Adobe stopped supporting that function.   No idea why ESPN wouldn't work with a new company if that is truly the reason. 

Pretty disappointing to see this regression in technology. 

As another poster stated, Apple TV offers multiscreen (I asked the espn customer rep and she said Apple TV was the only multiscreen/split screen option she was aware of).  If you do an internet search you'll find the Apple TV app was being rolled out around the same time ESPN3 stopped their split screen option.  Doesn't make much sense to remove it from the product that reaches a larger audience but they did. 

Edited by Riddle
adding to reply

2 hours ago, Riddle said:

It has been gone for about 2 years, there was a work around last year which is now gone.

Can't do this unless you have access to at least 2 accounts with espn access.  According to espn customer service there is a limit of 5 concurrent streams and on top of that your internet provider might have a lower limit, if you have att uverse like me, the limit is now 3 (the 4th will play for about a minute and then 1 of the 4 will stop).  I know last year uverse allowed at least 4 because I was using the work around link.

customer service rep said something about them using Adobe software for the split screen function and Adobe stopped supporting that function.   No idea why ESPN wouldn't work with a new company if that is truly the reason. 

Pretty disappointing to see this regression in technology. 

As another poster stated, Apple TV offers multiscreen (I asked the espn customer rep and she said Apple TV was the only multiscreen/split screen option she was aware of).  If you do an internet search you'll find the Apple TV app was being rolled out around the same time ESPN3 stopped their split screen option.  Doesn't make much sense to remove it from the product that reaches a larger audience but they did. 

That is odd. I have had no issues doing it both this year and last.