DrStrange

5 count for ankle/leg grab

This rule looks dumb, is dumb, and it stops the casual fan from knowing whats going on. Fix it. Poor refs flapping their arms around like chickens. 2nd worst rule in wrestling. The first is letting emotional man-babies throw challenge blocks. Kills the action.

You leave Delgado out of this. He was an amazing Illini who revolutionized the sport, making a positive impact on all those who he encountered. Now Heil on the other hand....

Revolutionized the sport by backing up and circling w his back to the OOB line immediately after the whistle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, lu_alum said:

Revolutionized the sport by backing up and circling w his back to the OOB line immediately after the whistle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was a MASSIVE difference between Delgado and Heil. For starters, I'm an Illini homer and appreciated the nuances Delgado brought to the mat to avoid the stall calls and get the two when it was beneficial for me as a fan. Another instance was that I didn't care for Heil and his uber-boring methods because they didn't benefit the team I root for. Geez when will you people understand the difference /s

Delgado was extremely exciting during his first championship season. One of the quicker dudes ever and the only to ever OutMegaludis-Megaludis.

He shouldn't be dinged for anything, injuries derailed stuff and he had to win a different way. Career 125s seem to always have shoulder issues, too much power in the frame.  

14 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

There was a MASSIVE difference between Delgado and Heil. For starters, I'm an Illini homer and appreciated the nuances Delgado brought to the mat to avoid the stall calls and get the two when it was beneficial for me as a fan. Another instance was that I didn't care for Heil and his uber-boring methods because they didn't benefit the team I root for. Geez when will you people understand the difference /s

I suppose one could argue whether or not the difference between 125 and 141 is MASSIVE.  

That being said, I think you may have brought your chess board to the wrong game of checkers.  ;)

/s means sarcasm. I wish I could be sarcastic about being a U of I fan, but they cut my program at EIU. And now I'm feeling less /s and more BOOOOOOOOO.

But seriously, glad for Delgado but much more glad that they moved away from the pseudo-stall. With that said - itt will never happen because of the lower ranks lacking the grasp of the rule, but I am a huge fan of the push-out in FS/GR, and also turns. The weird part is the control issue, but at least it cuts out most of the folkstyle junk

On 3/21/2019 at 5:12 PM, RichB said:

Immediately After gaining control, the top wrestler should not be subject to those counts for 3 or 5 sessions. Maybe some exceptions 

This is a great point. Too many guys are punished with a stall call for securing a takedown, but not being able to work up. I've been seeing some stalemates called instead by some officials who seem to understand the positions a little better. That should be standardized. Overall, the rule is great and makes it harder to stall on top.

49 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

This is a great point. Too many guys are punished with a stall call for securing a takedown, but not being able to work up. I've been seeing some stalemates called instead by some officials who seem to understand the positions a little better. That should be standardized. Overall, the rule is great and makes it harder to stall on top.

I sort of agree, because defensive wrestler is at many times still keeping on pressure such as a whizzer or other defensive head or hip pressure in hopes of creating instant escape or reversal that makes it hard to quickly work up. It's not like they are immediately quiting on the takedown...