pamela

NCAA Session 2 Thread

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

He's such a head case.  I hope he doesn't pack it in on the backside.

We’re going to find out what kind of character he has. His team really needs him to wrestle hard, but will he? I would lock him in a room with Desanto all summer if I were Brands. 

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I thought it was Kaser. I am going to just write his name however the announcer pronounces it from now on. See how many variations we can get. 

Caesar

4 minutes ago, Boompa said:

Warner has zero natural instincts.

That's the first I've watched him wrestle.  How in the hell is that the 5 seed? That was embarassing. He was actively avoiding stalemate situations to give his opponent a better chance to score.

Iowa round recap:

125:  Lee overcame some physical difficulties and got some bonus.  He also poured it on late, which was nice to see.

133:  Desanto wrestled really well.  The match was very disjointed due to all the breaks.  Micic next.

141:  Murin wrestled really well.  Hopefully he falls to a nice place on the backside tomorrow.

149:  Lugo needs to shoot more if he wants a shot at Micah.  Defense alone ain't gonna get it done.

157:  Kaleb Young looks really good.  He could beat Deakin.

165:  Marinelli just workmanlike working his way thru the bracket.

174:  N/A

184:  I thought Wilcke got jobbed here.  All of Dean's points in regulation came from the referee, and I'm not sure Dean ever took a committed leg attack.  WIlcke was backing up, but also shooting.

197:  On the other hand....Warner shut it down after Lane chose top, he gave up the obvious "off the whistle" shot in regulation, and it felt like it was just a matter of time once we got to OT.  Warner wasn't shooting.

285:  Stoll baby!

25 minutes ago, ohcomeon said:

Because Bo is being a douchebag. You don't stand over a guy you just emasculated on national TV and offer to help him up. It's patronizing.

You don’t like him, then find a way to beat him.

Ness said after the match with Rasheed “I’ve wrestled all my matches this season. He’s taken off some. It really makes a big difference when it comes to the most important tournament of the year.”

On one hand, I’m not a huge fan of talking trash, but then again maybe wrestlers calling out other wrestlers for ducking isn’t the worst thing ever. 

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Iowa round recap:

125:  Lee overcame some physical difficulties and got some bonus.  He also poured it on late, which was nice to see.

133:  Desanto wrestled really well.  The match was very disjointed due to all the breaks.  Micic next.

141:  Murin wrestled really well.  Hopefully he falls to a nice place on the backside tomorrow.

149:  Lugo needs to shoot more if he wants a shot at Micah.  Defense alone ain't gonna get it done.

157:  Kaleb Young looks really good.  He could beat Deakin.

165:  Marinelli just workmanlike working his way thru the bracket.

174:  N/A

184:  I thought Wilcke got jobbed here.  All of Dean's points in regulation came from the referee, and I'm not sure Dean ever took a committed leg attack.  WIlcke was backing up, but also shooting.

197:  On the other hand....Warner shut it down after Lane chose top, he gave up the obvious "off the whistle" shot in regulation, and it felt like it was just a matter of time once we got to OT.  Warner wasn't shooting.

285:  Stoll baby!

Is Lugo injured? Do you think Murin should challenge for the 149 spot next year?