pamela

NCAA Session 2 Thread

45 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

If RBY was truly that dazed and hit his head that hard on Desanto should he continue?

I once got a “stinger” while in a similar position RBY was in. My head got cranked way to the side - ear to shoulder - very quickly. 

I’d never felt anything like that before; felt like someone was simultaneously running a blowtorch and cattle-prod from my head to my fingertips!

I took injury time and things got close to normal after a minute or so.

I don’t know if RBY had this experience, but it’s a possibility.

30 minutes ago, Old Corps said:

I once got a “stinger” while in a similar position RBY was in. My head got cranked way to the side - ear to shoulder - very quickly. 

I’d never felt anything like that before; felt like someone was simultaneously running a blowtorch and cattle-prod from my head to my fingertips!

Don't go making excuses for the guy. If there's one thing I'm sure of it's that a bunch of guys on a message board know exactly if and how much a guy is hurt. 

2 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

Don't go making excuses for the guy. If there's one thing I'm sure of it's that a bunch of guys on a message board know exactly if and how much a guy is hurt. 

Feels like I should probably go check your post history in relation to Spencer Lee....

4 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

May I recommend that you consider switching to decaf?

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Feels like I should probably go check your post history in relation to Spencer Lee....

I don't think I've ever said he's faked an injury. I can make an assumption that he's not himself because of injury though, that's different than saying a guy is faking something.

7 minutes ago, Old Corps said:

May I recommend that you consider switching to decaf?

My point is that nobody knows what might have happened to him. Just because a guy isn't bleeding or bone isn't showing doesn't mean he's not hurt. When you figure in concussion protocols it makes sense that they checked him out, there was a lot of stuff flying around there.

5 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

Blees over Lugo, mark it down!

Nice call.   Still plenty of upsets today...considering the new seeding to the last place procedure.  The Heil rule  plus guys making great adjustments has changed the scrambles  a lot. 

2 hours ago, jchapman said:

His face was a mask of pain the entire match.

He is one tough son of a gun.  I saw amazing courage, and a "I'm going out to win, not just show up hurt." attitude that impressed the hell out of me.  I'm with you guys, sad to see, but damn do I admire that scrappy no quit guy.

14 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

My point is that nobody knows what might have happened to him. Just because a guy isn't bleeding or bone isn't showing doesn't mean he's not hurt. When you figure in concussion protocols it makes sense that they checked him out, there was a lot of stuff flying around there.

If you read my initial post again, you’ll note that I actually do know what MIGHT have happened to him, because it happened to me in a similar situation. 

I can’t tell if you think I’m dogging RBY or trying to help him. 

I don’t think he was faking. 

Back away from the Rolling Rock. We have another two days of wrestling to watch!

1 hour ago, Old Corps said:

Yes sir!  I recognize that same odd angle.  I broke my neck in the OSU room working out with Steve Barrett when my face hit the wall in a funny angle just like that.  Hit the ground limp as a noodle.  Never forget that burning sensation.  I was incapacitated for a minute or so.  .  I was never a serious wrestler again after that moment, but it was very similar to how his head hip the hip.

3 hours ago, ohcomeon said:

That's the first I've watched him wrestle.  How in the hell is that the 5 seed? That was embarassing. He was actively avoiding stalemate situations to give his opponent a better chance to score.

How you wrestle after you've been given a seed has no bearing on it. If Mark Hall got pinned in 10 seconds it wouldn't change the fact that he was the one seed. One has nothing to do with each other

53 minutes ago, Old Corps said:

If you read my initial post again, you’ll note that I actually do know what MIGHT have happened to him, because it happened to me in a similar situation. 

I can’t tell if you think I’m dogging RBY or trying to help him. 

I don’t think he was faking. 

Back away from the Rolling Rock. We have another two days of wrestling to watch!

I was agreeing with you

I absolutely loved watching Nolf dismantle and, yes, torture Van Brill.  

The universe was once again restored to order.

Rutgers  often acts like the Poor Man's Iowa of the East.  

They seem to pride themselves on all that empty macho posturing. 

Good to see it drained from their bodies by masterful technical superiority

8 hours ago, buckshot1969 said:

See you are confusing the intent of my post. I actually do think RBY was hurt. And I think concussion protocol knowing what we know about CTE is an absolute joke. If RBY was that dazed I’d be surprised if he didn’t at least suffer a minor concussion. I’m sure he’ll continue but Jake Dietchler should give everyone pause when it comes to head injuries.

5 hours ago, dmm53 said:

I absolutely loved watching Nolf dismantle and, yes, torture Van Brill.  

The universe was once again restored to order.

Rutgers  often acts like the Poor Man's Iowa of the East.  

They seem to pride themselves on all that empty macho posturing. 

Good to see it drained from their bodies by masterful technical superiority

Despite all of the baseless Rutgers hate, I think the coaching staff did a great job developing Van Brill.  The guy didn’t win a state title in high school and still ended up a multiple NCAA qualifier.  Same with Gravina, who I don’t think ever placed top 8 in high school.

42 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

You guys are lucky been working like a dog and might not get to watch any of the tournament. Wish I could find a radio broadcast.

PSU broadcast, but it is at least something.

11am Link is: https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=253&type=Live

Semi finals link is: https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=254&type=Live