HokieHWT

Chandler Rogers

What do you think he’s doing right now? Is he at the tournament rooting on the team or is he home getting drunk bitching about what could have been.

Warming up JoJo for his consolation bout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

He's a team guy, as far as I know. Threw away a year's eligibility wrestling 174 (finished R12), might've been a 3 time AA otherwise. I bet he's rooting for his teammates, possibly with the exception of Joe.

Do he and Joseph not get along just because they wrestled off?

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

He's a team guy, as far as I know. Threw away a year's eligibility wrestling 174 (finished R12), might've been a 3 time AA otherwise. I bet he's rooting for his teammates, possibly with the exception of Joe.

Threw away a year?  You mean couldn't make the team at 165 and went up to 174?  He RS'd his first year so his choices that year were backup 165 or fill in for Crutchmer at 174.  

15 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I don't know. I never knew any friendships that grew stronger after a ranking match. But hey, he lost.

That’s odd.   I would think at some point you must have  gotten used to losing them.

I watched him warm up with the team at the Big 12 tournament.  I'm not in Pittsburgh so I assume he's helping any way that he can.  I think that's what kind of man he is.  We had a tough day today.  Our 4 quarter-finalists are tough hombres, and all of them have tough matches...like everyone in this entire tournament I suppose.  Bo closed one closer to Nolf.  He started 3 pins behind Jason, who also has one fall. The Big 10 is amazing.  Y'all are some bad mofos.

6 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I am betting Smith never made scratch weight for those ranking matches.  I'd bitch about that.

After watching Joseph gas the entire tournament, I have to agree with you.  Chandler handled Romero, whereas Romero beat Joseph twice in the last 3 weeks.  

30 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

After watching Joseph gas the entire tournament, I have to agree with you.  Chandler handled Romero, whereas Romero beat Joseph twice in the last 3 weeks.  

Rogers handled Romero last season. 

This season he didn't beat a top 20 wrestler and spent most of Jan/Feb hurt.  With hindsight I'd much prefer OSU had gone with Rogers, but there's a reason Rogers lost twice to Smith.  The only NCAA qualifier he beat this year was 7-5 over Flynn, who Smith beat 3-1 last round.  He lost to Ashworth who was eliminated last round. 

Rogers this year has not been Rogers of the past 2 seasons.  If he was, then he doesn't lose that wrestle off. 

Edited by boconnell

Not making excuses for Joe but he did suffer a big family loss which could have caused him to lose his focus. When I was his age and our family dog passed away, I had a pretty tough time concentrating on school and other priorities (and yes, we treat our pets like close family members).

notwithstanding his family's recent loss,  joe's biggest  problem is that he like to eat...and came into the season waaay too heavy to be a fully acclimated/conditioned 165 lber

Edited by gromit