silvermedal

Bo Nickal Is An....

9 hours ago, LJB said:

i think people just look to be offended about somehting... 

pretty ridiculous...

My thoughts exactly. Wrestlers are supposed to be a tough, “get over it and get through it” bunch. If someone who knew nothing about the sport read these boards, they’d think it was linked to “the view” or something. 

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

My thoughts exactly. Wrestlers are supposed to be a tough, “get over it and get through it” bunch. If someone who knew nothing about the sport read these boards, they’d think it was linked to “the view” or something. 

I don’t think people are offended by Bo trying to help people up after he pins them,  just pointing out that it shouldn’t necessarily be called a “gesture of good sportsmanship” when some of the wrestlers he does it to probably don’t want the “help.”

Previously I thought he did have good intentions, but the way he stood over top of Hokit could certainly be viewed as patronizing IMO.

Edited by 1032004

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Please some of you guys get off on calling ppl victim seekers. Get off your high horse. People are just trying to make a point on this thread. Quit deflecting the issue at hand and pretending like y'all are the hardest mf'ers out there. No one is impressed. 

PSU guys don’t fair well against Cox, this will be no different. Taylor will be PSU’s only member on the team. tOSU and Cornell will have more guys again. 

Keep holding onto that thought. In a couple years the World team will be filled with NLWC guys.

Then when that happens it will be some other goalpost you’d like to move.

Keep hatin!

8 hours ago, TheOhioState said:

In a gesture of good grammar, may I point out that the correct word in this context is "hanged."

Thanks, old chap.  Hope you don't mind the assist.  

No problem with the assist, just quoting it the way I hear it used while mending fence and helping with calving each spring.

35 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Please some of you guys get off on calling ppl victim seekers. Get off your high horse. People are just trying to make a point on this thread. Quit deflecting the issue at hand and pretending like y'all are the hardest mf'ers out there. No one is impressed. 

Exactly. People are just trying to make a point. Myself included...it’s just that, maybe you don’t like the point I’m making?  Has nothing to do with being “the hardest mf’er out there”, just making an observation. 

By the way, the big “issue” at hand that I am supposedly deflecting is people don’t like that an athlete is helping another athlete up after a match, right?  Just want to make sure I have all the big issues lined up appropriately. 

Edited by Lurker

32 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t think people are offended by Bo trying to help people up after he pins them,  just pointing out that it shouldn’t necessarily be called a “gesture of good sportsmanship” when some of the wrestlers he does it to probably don’t want the “help.”

Previously I thought he did have good intentions, but the way he stood over top of Hokit could certainly be viewed as patronizing IMO.

People were faux offended long before the whole Sportsmanship defense was offered up. 

31 minutes ago, russelscout said:

This is the 6th thread this year on this stupid topic. Y'all need to just get over it. 

I think Bo is a great wrestler, but the last thing I would want after the guy just kick my ass would be for him to help me up. I honestly think he been lucky n one has thrown a punch at him. I know I would have been like get your f-bleep hands off me!!!!!  I used t think it was him just being a good guy, but now watching him do things like that and wasn't him who was adjusting his shoe while on top. Come on guys lets be respectful. 

It kind of reminds me of how Iowa started getting back in the day when Gable had them at full power. I always loved Gable and Iowa, but never liked all that bs ****.

In the end you still can't take away how great of a wrestler BO is. He does amaze me.

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

This is the 6th thread this year on this stupid topic. Y'all need to just get over it. 

Did you not see the end of his match? This is the first one I have seen or posted on in this subject. I didn't know it was a thing.

Now fixing his shoe during the match is being disrespectful???? Should he have asked for an injury time out instead?

I can’t, I just can’t. Just Enjoy the wrestling folks, c’mon!

Edited by Lurker

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Did you not see the end of his match? This is the first one I have seen or posted on in this subject. I didn't know it was a thing.

Um, yeah, I watched it. I saw the other 6 threads on this stupid topic this year too. You are on this board just like me, so I must question how in heck did you miss those several other threads?

Edited by TBar1977

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Um, yeah, I watched it. I saw the other 6 threads on this stupid topic this year too. You are on this board just like me, so I must question how in heck did you miss those several other threads?

Because I have only been back on here for the last month or so. I moved this winter and spent very little time online for a couple months in there. I'm a little hurt you didn't notice I was gone :'(

1 hour ago, tightwaist said:

Regardless of whether Bo is showing good sportsmanship or not, 197 is a ridiculously weak & boring weight class this year.  

I am certainly coming around to this view.  Earlier in the season, I attributed Bo's dominance entirely to him.  While he is amazing, when you think about top 197 pounds over the last 10 years or so, I have a hard time imagining him rag dolling the likes of Cox, Varner, Kilgore, etc.  He might have beat all of them but not in the way he is just wrecking everyone this year and all his opponents are wrestling either scared or recklessly.

1 hour ago, pish6969 said:

Keep holding onto that thought. In a couple years the World team will be filled with NLWC guys.

Then when that happens it will be some other goalpost you’d like to move.

Keep hatin!

No it won’t. 

55 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

57 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

People were faux offended long before the whole Sportsmanship defense was offered up. 

Wasn't the first/main thread on this topic titled "Bo's gesture of sportsmanship"??

2 hours ago, tightwaist said:

Regardless of whether Bo is showing good sportsmanship or not, 197 is a ridiculously weak & boring weight class this year.  

197 isn't weak at all, it's just that Nickal's dominance makes it seem that way.   If he was removed, people would be talking about it like 133, wide open with multiple returning AAs.    Micklus could be a 4 time AA and is an also ran in this deep, tough weight.

I had a dream, last night, I wrestled Bo...I told my coach I was a '58 pounder, but he said, "no, that was 35 years ago, now you wrestle Bo."  So I used strategy, I was no good at upper body, but I was good at countering it, and so was Bo.....so I went for a throw and he counter-rolled through, but I recountered his counter and pinned him.  I looked down and offered my hand, to help him up, to see what he would do....he just smiled and reached for my hand, but then I withdrew my hand and showed my bicep to the stunned crowd.  I woke up with a little extra bounce in my step.

Remember when Cael was wrestling? All the "weak weight" stuff? The "let him move up a weight and face the Big Boys" stuff?

Enjoy Bo for his dominance and watch the performance. He is so good he even wins fantasy matches!