silvermedal

Bo Nickal Is An....

2 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

PSU guys don’t fair well against Cox, this will be no different. Taylor will be PSU’s only member on the team. tOSU and Cornell will have more guys again. 

Zain will give PSU a second wrestler this year. Maybe they will have the most. 

58 minutes ago, Transcend_Colorado said:

I am not offended. I am simply stating he is going over the top with the helping people out deal. If you don't think so, that's your opinion. Ironically he started helping people up every match this year. I wonder why......

Actually, not every match.

He didn't even attempt to help up his 1st opponent (Laird - Rider) after pinning him in the 1st period.

53 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

He ain’t beating Cox. 

Yet he'll end up with as many NCAA titles as Fantastic Mr. Fox (along with at least 3 more team championships).

You know, this being the college board and all...

28 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Some opponents are not be happy for Bo's assistance after they just got planted.

Not defending Bo's gesture but it is somewhat common in international wrestling.

It just seems patronizing and self serving. The guy who just lost really can't say no because then he looks like a sore loser. The whole thing is about Bo. Instead just celebrate on your own, without getting the loser involved. Like I said, there is a good chance he never thought about it like that, but I have felt that way about wrestlers who routinely do this for a long time and well before Bo Nickal was doing it. 

26 minutes ago, russelscout said:

The guy who just lost really can't say no because then he looks like a sore loser. 

Bull $_it.

Anybody tried helping me up after a pin would have had his hand smacked away and possibly a punch in the face. I wouldn't have cared about looking like a sore loser.

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

It just seems patronizing and self serving. The guy who just lost really can't say no because then he looks like a sore loser. The whole thing is about Bo. Instead just celebrate on your own, without getting the loser involved. Like I said, there is a good chance he never thought about it like that, but I have felt that way about wrestlers who routinely do this for a long time and well before Bo Nickal was doing it. 

That might be true. I don't know and I really don't care what Bo does after his match. 

My point is that I see guys like Sadulaev and Yazdani and many others do that sort of thing after they crush someone. And wasn't Bo Taylor's training partner "as Yazdani"?   

3 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

Bull $_it.

Anybody tried helping me up after a pin would have had his hand smacked away and possibly a punch in the face. I wouldn't have cared about looking like a sore loser.

You may not have cared. That's not the point. It would still be percieved that way, because you didn't graciously accept the patronizing offer to get to your feet.

27 minutes ago, russelscout said:

You may not have cared. That's not the point. It would still be percieved that way, because you didn't graciously accept the patronizing offer to get to your feet.

It's exactly the point.  The perception is what doesn't matter.

Would you graciously accept my patronizing offer of it's "I before E except after C", or not care as this is just a thread on a forum? (smiley face emoji)

4 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

It is a gesture of good sportsmanship, nothing more. Some of you guys would complain if hung using a new rope.

In a gesture of good grammar, may I point out that the correct word in this context is "hanged."

Thanks, old chap.  Hope you don't mind the assist.  

4 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

Would you graciously accept my patronizing offer of it's "I before E except after C", or not care as this is just a thread on a forum? (smiley face emoji)

Come on man... I don't proof read this stuff!

5 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

Also, I would disagree. Most people care an awful lot about what people think. Peoples perceptions matter imo.

27 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Come on man... I don't proof read this stuff!

I'm just looking for reasons to be a d_ _ k out of self-pity.

I have to fly to Orange County tomorrow to play Pelican Hill (North) - and miss the entire 2nd day of the tourney.

29 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Also, I would disagree. Most people care an awful lot about what people think. Peoples perceptions matter imo.

It's very rare that you'll find a wrestler that does a few seconds after the mat getting slapped.

They're typically caring about having just been embarrassed - by the person that is now looking to show them up even more.