Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

Semis: predict and root for

125:

Predict: Rivera, Lee

Root for: Mueller, Lee. I have always enjoyed watching Mueller and since I'm rooting for Lee to win it all, I'd rather he face Mueller.

133:

Predict: Fix, Micic

Root for: Pletcher, Micic. Some movies don't deserve a sequel. Fix/Suriano 2 would ruin the finals of our best event of the year.

141:

Predict: Yianni, McKenna

Root for: Yianni, McKenna. Some movies deserve a sequel. This one is at the top of the list. 

149:

Predict: Ashnault, Jordan

Root for: Kolodzik, Jordan. Kolodzik in the finals would be a symbol of all the great things happening at Princeton wrestling. The Jordans have done a ton for wrestling. They deserve a champion.

157:

Predict: Nolf, Berger

Root for: Nolf, Young. Nolf is one of my favorites of all time. Young is on a Cinderella run and it would be incredible to see him make it all the way to the beheading by Nolf. 

165: 

Predict: Lewis, Joseph

Root for: Wick, Shields. I have a soft spot for lanky guys who aren't incredible athletes because they epitomize the "sport for every body" and I was once like that myself. Shields is a great guy and role model. Been a fan ever since he did something incredibly nice for my nephew.

174:

Predict: Hall, Valencia

Root for: Amine, Lewis. Mr. Amine looks like he's about to go into a coma every time they zoom in on him in the stands. I want to see him smile. Valencia is going to have a long and illustruous wrestling future. Let Lewis get one this year. Zahid will barely care many years from now.

184:

Predict: Martin, Foster

Root for: Dean, Ness. I was a huge fan of the Destroyer of Worlds so his brother gets my rooting manna as well. Ness for the same Cinderella reason as Young.

197: 

Predict: Nickal, Moore

Root for: Brucki, Weigel. I want to see someone try to pick Bo up like a fallen baby. As an unabashed John Smith fanboy, I have to root for one of his guys every year, and by process of elimination, it's Weigel this year.

HWT:

Predict: White, Steveson

Root for: Wood, Steveson. Lehigh is one of the most storied programs in the sport and a wrestling gem. We should all root for one of their guys to win it all every once in a while. The reformed Steveson looks all business and I'm a big fan again.

6 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

157:

Root for: Nolf, Young. Nolf is one of my favorites of all time. Young is on a Cinderella run and it would be incredible to see him make it all the way to the beheading by Nolf. 

I thought Berger was the one taking heads? I have Young in this match. He looks so solid right now.

125  Predict: Rivera, Piccininni

133:  Predict: Fix, Micic

141:   Predict: Yianni, Lee

149: Predict: Ashnault, Jordan

157:  Predict: Nolf, Berger

165: Predict Lewis, Joseph

174: Predict: Hall, Valencia

184: Predict: Martin, Foster 

197: Predict: Nickal, Weigel

HWT:  Predict: White, Cassar

Edited by 77again

My finals predictions (after watching the first three sessions):

125: Rivera vs. Lee

133: Fix vs. Suriano

141: Diakomihalis vs. Lee

149: Ashnault vs. Jordan

157: Nolf vs. Berger

165: Lewis vs. Joseph

174: Hall vs. Valencia

184: Martin vs. Foster

197: Nickal vs. Moore

285: White vs. Steveson

Predicts = roots:

125 - Seabass over Mueller, Lee over Picc
Consis - Bresser over Fleetwood, Vito over Fausz, Glory over McGee, Russell over Foley

133 - Fix over Pletcher, Micic over Suriano
Consis - Phillippi over RBY, Tariq over Erneste, Gomez over DeSanto, Lizak over Pengilly

141 - Yianni over Eierman, Lee over McKenna
Consis - Brock over Shoop, Demas over Findlay, Moran over McKee, Murin over Red

149 - Ashnault over Klodz, Micah over O'Connor
Consis - Thomsen over Mauller, Degen over Artalona, Thorn over Lugo, Finesilver over Prince

157 - Nolf over Hidlay (MD), Berger over Young
Consis - Pantaleo over Bleise, Pagdilao over Rahmani, Thomas over Early, Deakin over Humphreys

165 - Lewis over Wick, Cenzo over Shields
Consis - Marsteller over Romero, Marinelli over Massa, White over Campbell, Steiert over Wolf

174 - Hall over Amine, Valencia over Lewis
Consis - Kutler over Kane, Lujan over McFadden, Labriola over Lydy, Skatzka over Harvey

184 - Dean over MyMar (upset special), Ness over Foster
Consis - Geer over Bonaccorsi, Preisch over Deprez, Parker over Colbray, Venz over Zavatsky

197 - Bo over Brucki (WBF), Moore over Weigel
Consis - Honis over Lane, Miklus over Traxler, Warner over Sleigh, Brunner over Hokit

Hwt - White over Wood, Cassar over Gable
Consis - Hemida over Stoll, Parris over Stencel, Hillger over Elam, Dhesi over Butterbro

Predict: Rivera, Piccininni

Root: Rivera, Lee

133: 

Predict: Fix, Suriano

Root: Pletcher, Suriano

141:

Predict: Yianni, Lee

Root: Eierman, McKenna (would love to see McKenna go out on top)

149: 

Root: same

157:

Predict: Nolf, Young

Root: Same (been talking up Young all year and he's delivered).

165:

Predict: Wick, Joseph

Root: Lewis, Shields (would love Tech to get their first champ)

174: 

Root: Amine, Lewis (just think it would be funny to see Hall and Zahid wrestle for third).

184: 

Root: Same though wouldn't be upset if Ness pulled it out either.

197:

Predict: Nickal, Weigel

Root: same, gotta root for the senior who has battled injuries.

285: 

Predict: White, Gable

Root: same I guess. I like all 3 of the top guys a lot.

2 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

125:

Predict: Rivera, Lee

Root for: Mueller, Lee. I have always enjoyed watching Mueller and since I'm rooting for Lee to win it all, I'd rather he face Mueller.

133:

Predict: Fix, Micic

Root for: Pletcher, Micic. Some movies don't deserve a sequel. Fix/Suriano 2 would ruin the finals of our best event of the year.

141:

Predict: Yianni, McKenna

Root for: Yianni, McKenna. Some movies deserve a sequel. This one is at the top of the list. 

149:

Root for: Kolodzik, Jordan. Kolodzik in the finals would be a symbol of all the great things happening at Princeton wrestling. The Jordans have done a ton for wrestling. They deserve a champion.

157:

165: 

Predict: Lewis, Joseph

Root for: Wick, Shields. I have a soft spot for lanky guys who aren't incredible athletes because they epitomize the "sport for every body" and I was once like that myself. Shields is a great guy and role model. Been a fan ever since he did something incredibly nice for my nephew.

174:

Root for: Amine, Lewis. Mr. Amine looks like he's about to go into a coma every time they zoom in on him in the stands. I want to see him smile. Valencia is going to have a long and illustruous wrestling future. Let Lewis get one this year. Zahid will barely care many years from now.

184:

Root for: Dean, Ness. I was a huge fan of the Destroyer of Worlds so his brother gets my rooting manna as well. Ness for the same Cinderella reason as Young.

197: 

Predict: Nickal, Moore

Root for: Brucki, Weigel. I want to see someone try to pick Bo up like a fallen baby. As an unabashed John Smith fanboy, I have to root for one of his guys every year, and by process of elimination, it's Weigel this year.

HWT:

Predict: White, Steveson

Root for: Wood, Steveson. Lehigh is one of the most storied programs in the sport and a wrestling gem. We should all root for one of their guys to win it all every once in a while. The reformed Steveson looks all business and I'm a big fan again.

Love the concept: the picks vs want to dynamic...

125 Lee over Muller. Want to:Picc

133: Fix over Suriano. Want to: Fix ( no I’m not a poke fan)

141: Yanni over McKenna. Want to: Lee

149: Jordan over Ashnault. Want to: Jordan 

157: Nolf over Berger. Want to: does it matter?  But yeah would like to see Nolf close it out. 

165: Lewis over Cenzo: Want to: Lewis

174: Hall over Valencia. Want to: Valencia

184: MyMar over Ness. Want to: Ness, just like what’s happening on Tobacco Road. 

197: see 157

285: Steveson over White. Don’t have a want to at all  but Steveson needs to send Cassar a Christmas card for waking him up