Sign in to follow this  
Katie

Let’s keep it classy

Just a reminder that these are college kids we’re discussing on this board.

They could spend all their time eating Cheetos and playing Fortnite. But instead they’ve stuck with a brutally difficult sport and put their dreams on the line.

The least we can do is keep it classy here.

Just now, Idaho said:

Not necessarily disagreeing, but they are also adults...some 23-24 years old. 

18 is just a random number that people decided was adulthood. It has nothing to do with maturity except its when people usually graduate high school. The rational part of the brain doesn't finish developing until around 25. I consider them kids, ya know, because of science.

11 minutes ago, russelscout said:

18 is just a random number that people decided was adulthood. It has nothing to do with maturity except its when people usually graduate high school. The rational part of the brain doesn't finish developing until around 25. I consider them kids, ya know, because of science.

So you are open to people trashing Tanner Hall?

10 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I consider them adults, ya know, because they are.  

Calling men in their early 20s kids is condescending. 

5 hours ago, russelscout said:

Tell that to a federal judge. Adulthood used to be much younger. Just shows the decline. Doesn’t help when people like you treat 23 year olds like children.  

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

Tell that to a federal judge. Adulthood used to be much younger. Just shows the decline. Doesn’t help when people like you treat 23 year olds like children.  

How do you know how I treat people? I may treat a 5 year old like a hard ass. Get out of here with that "good old days" crap.

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

How do you know how I treat people? I may treat a 5 year old like a hard ass. Get out of here with that "good old days" crap.

Good old days of 23 year olds being adult men. Those good old days?  Considering you said you consider 25 year olds kids. Yeah that’s telling. 

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

Good old days of 23 year olds being adult men. Those good old days?  Considering you said you consider 25 year olds kids. Yeah that’s telling. 

Dude I was just talking some science. What I consider an fully formed adult says nothing about my political leanings or my feelings on law. Please dont use my statement to virtue signal.

6 hours ago, Katie said:

Just a reminder that these are college kids we’re discussing on this board.

They could spend all their time eating Cheetos and playing Fortnite. But instead they’ve stuck with a brutally difficult sport and put their dreams on the line.

The least we can do is keep it classy here.

Define classy? 

21 minutes ago, Crash said:

Kids?  Not even Connor is a kid by now.

18 = Grown Man

Screw the Snowflakes. 

I'm sure you were probably working in the coal mines by 18, but step foot on a college campus and tell me most of those 18 year old freshmen are grown men.