Sign in to follow this  
Katie

Let’s keep it classy

11 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

Yep, like Iowa and DeSanto - they really are the epitome of the last three letters of Class.

not sure i agree, but there are a couple others who are putting desanto to shame in that category...

in trying to get him to react... 

though i dont know if that was the case in this last episode.

Edited by GockeS

6 hours ago, Katie said:

Just a reminder that these are college kids we’re discussing on this board.

They could spend all their time eating Cheetos and playing Fortnite. But instead they’ve stuck with a brutally difficult sport and put their dreams on the line.

The least we can do is keep it classy here.

Considering the history of this place the only classy thing to do is to shut the board down. 

Age is not a reliable indicator of maturity. There is a very well known 72 year old "world leader" with all the impulse control and wit of a 3 year old, a guy who lies like a 2 year old that just learned how to lie. There are 10 year olds studying for SATs. It's kind of a crapshoot.

14 hours ago, russelscout said:

18 is just a random number that people decided was adulthood. It has nothing to do with maturity except its when people usually graduate high school. The rational part of the brain doesn't finish developing until around 25. I consider them kids, ya know, because of science.

Great.  Then your science would indicate that there should be no voting until 25 either.  Undeveloped brainers should not be negating what we developed brainers know to be right.

14 hours ago, boconnell said:

I consider them adults, ya know, because they are.  

Calling men in their early 20s kids is condescending. 

I agree.  Mommy paying for their sniffle medicine through age 26 is also condescending.  We have extended infantilization to the late 20's while many politicians are publicly calling for 16 year old voting age.  I think their opinion is BECAUSE they can't yet think or act maturely we would like them to vote.  Ya know, before they figure it out and we lose them.

All I have to say is I know 0% about wrestling... amazing how the big tournament seems to throw all previous results out the window... im feeding on crow all day today.

Edited by Sublime607