HurricaneWrestling2

NCAA Session 4 Thread

Just now, MadMardigain said:

Gable’s sence of urgency needs to start about 30sec or more earlier.  Not sure if he’s just over confident of his ability to finish but it’s not lead to a td late against Cassar twice now.  

I think he was wrestling hard, just maybe a little tentative, but trying. My hypothesis is that he's like Ed Ruth who also used to look like he was bored and annoyed to be on the mat (but wasn't).

Just now, Crotalus said:

Not a conspiracy theory guy, but PSU has come out on the right side of a lot of these BS calls tonight. That match should have gone to overtime.

Ya, I should apologize ahead of time PSU fans. Next couple days I will prolly be convinced something's up. I'm just so embittered that we were robbed of one of the best upsets ever at 157.

2 minutes ago, lost said:

I mean, on the one hand that looked like total bull**** to me, because RT wasn't even close to 1:00... On the other, what the hell gable?  He didn't look like he wanted to be there in the 3rd.  Just sat there on the edge and gave up 30+ seconds of RT

Seemed almost petulant in his body language- like making an effort was beneath him.

1 minute ago, simple said:

Cassar should’ve been hit 5+ times for stalling. It was great timing for his TD but he did absolutely nothing the rest of the time. Switch their singlets and the ref dqs him

Agree 100%

Gable was out for blood in the first and gassed hard. Cassar was smart to wait the big man out and then strike when he got sloppy. This win was more impressive than the B1G finals to me. Hats off to Cassar. If you would've told me a year ago that Cassar would beat Steveson twice, I would've laughed for hours.