HurricaneWrestling2

NCAA Session 4 Thread

I haven't seen this much bad wrestling in a while.  Guys not paying attention to riding time, the score, the clock and where they are on the mat and what position they're in. The best wrestler of the evening was **** on by the refs. What a let down.

Edited by ohcomeon

16 minutes ago, Molsen said:

So weird. Martin loses. Nolf should have lost. Marinelli is falling fast. The only thing that isnt weird is Tbar hasnt admitted that Nolf should have lost

Unfortunately haven't been able to watch it live tonight. Nobody has said anything about this. If that controversial takedown was at the end of the first, and let's assume it had been given, I think Nolf, and I'm no fan of the team, would probably have wrestled a little differently. Not saying he would have won but it's not the same as if the winning take down was with 1 second to go was waved off. Hidlay goes up 2-0 at the end of the first period, the matches wrestled completely differently. I would still be pissed, I would still be screaming from the top of the world but it's not like you can go back and put in the two points and say the match would have ended the same way but with 2 more for HH. And by the way, it was definitely a takedown. I have no uckingfa clue what the the ref was looking at.

1 minute ago, BobbyGribbs said:

Yes indeed. I will give him that. I will also say other than Bo those PSU boys need to take some shots, tonight they looked a little timid

It is what it is. The other guys they are wrestling are pretty damn good. Sometimes you need to win with basic strategy cause you can't just run thru guys this good. 

listen to the constant ramts from all these JEALOUS Penn State haters...whether it be by low points or high, these kids are getting it done. .

Cassar the Classy beating Stevenson the ClassLESS, not once but twice, puts the icing on the cake!

Just now, TBar1977 said:

It is what it is. The other guys they are wrestling are pretty damn good. Sometimes you need to win with basic strategy cause you can't just run thru guys this good. 

I concur. Sometimes we has fans see one thing all year and expect it should be that way when butt holes are tight

Cassar may have been seeded higher but I think he was the underdog, and the adjustments Gable needed to make since Big Tens were pretty straightforward and he didn't get it done. Cassar earned this one.

Edited by pamela

And you can't keep calling stalls when one guy is just bull rushing the other. The rule book says that if one wrestler shoves the other OOB then he is stalling, not the other guy. Gable was trying to win via push outs. It cost him the match. Not gonna cry over that crap. 

Two things:

1. Have any of you haters ever actually seen a HWT match before? That's how they all look, if they called stalling like you wanted there every match would end on stall warnings.

2. There is thing called physics and one of the laws of it state that when something that is bigger and heavier presses up against something smaller and lighter the smaller and lighter thing will go backward. It's kind of hard to blame Cassar for following the laws of physics.

I think both of these things are true: Cassar earned that victory but that was indeed massive stalling at the end. I know we don't want to decide matches with late stalling calls but that was egregious stalling and went on 30-plus seconds.

Edited by RJChicago

4 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

listen to the constant ramts from all these JEALOUS Penn State haters...whether it be by low points or high, these kids are getting it done. .

Cassar the Classy beating Stevenson the ClassLESS, not once but twice, puts the icing on the cake!

I am jealous my team doesn't get gifted a match to get to the finals. Guilty.

Edited by russelscout

Hey Gable, you gave up a TD.  You've got about 30 sec to get out before your opponent earns riding time.  Oh.. you're just going to hang out on bottom near the edge of the mat?  Okay then. Have fun wrestling tomorrow morning with an equally boneheaded Myles Martin.

Edited by ohcomeon

6 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

4 minutes ago, simple said:

Yes Marcus we know you’re a racist pos. Get out of here

Calling someone racists?  Come on bro

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Gable S. gassed. That's one reason why he lost. That and Cassar won that scramble for the TD. 

Agree.

Something to ponder; Steveson probably doesn’t have much experience scrambling. He’s been so dominant during his entire career, I don’t think he’s been in many legit scrambles. 

While his speed in neutral is superb, I think he is much slower when he’s on the mat. 

Not knocking him, just my amateur observations. 

If he makes several improvements to his game, he’ll be close to unbeatable.