HurricaneWrestling2

NCAA Session 4 Thread

6 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

Two things:

1. Have any of you haters ever actually seen a HWT match before? That's how they all look, if they called stalling like you wanted there every match would end on stall warnings.

2. There is thing called physics and one of the laws of it state that when something that is bigger and heavier presses up against something smaller and lighter the smaller and lighter thing will go backward. It's kind of hard to blame Cassar for following the laws of physics.

1.  I think one issue is everyone was giving Stoll a hard time the other night when he didn't do anything and now some of the same people are giving Cassar a pass.  

Steveson deserved to lose that match but Cassar also deserved additional stalling calls. 

Just now, ThorsteinV said:

1.  I think one issue is everyone was giving Stoll a hard time the other night when he didn't do anything and now some of the same people are giving Cassar a pass.  

Steveson deserved to lose that match but Cassar also deserved additional stalling calls. 

I will disagree. Its simple physics. The guy trying to win via push outs is NOT wrestling folkstyle, he's wrestling sumo. This isn't sumo. 

Everyone wants to watch tape tonite or tomorrow to dissect everything. Go watch a sumo match and then go watch the first two minutes of this Hwt match. Not a whole lot different. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

I will disagree. Its simple physics. The guy trying to win via push outs is NOT wrestling folkstyle, he's wrestling sumo. This isn't sumo. 

Everyone wants to watch tape tonite or tomorrow to dissect everything. Go watch a sumo match and then go watch the first two minutes of this Hwt match. Not a whole lot different. 

Or Freestyle

3 minutes ago, ThorsteinV said:

If Cassar wasn't a PSU wrestler than everyone on this board excluding Minny fans would be praising Cassar for gutting out a win

16 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

Two things:

1. Have any of you haters ever actually seen a HWT match before? That's how they all look, if they called stalling like you wanted there every match would end on stall warnings.

2. There is thing called physics and one of the laws of it state that when something that is bigger and heavier presses up against something smaller and lighter the smaller and lighter thing will go backward. It's kind of hard to blame Cassar for following the laws of physics.

1. that would be good. maybe coaches would change their strategy.

im not saying cassar should have been called for stalling again. im saying there was not RT

im also gonna go ahead and say there was hands to the face, twice in the last 30 seconds... what was his right hand down for so long below his face... picking steveson's nose? 

I like cassar. but that kind of sticks in my craw.

6 minutes ago, portajohn said:

If Cassar wasn't a PSU wrestler than everyone on this board excluding Minny fans would be praising Cassar for gutting out a win

maybe, but not me. i like cassar and have been watching him all year.

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I thought Gable actually wrestled the first period, not sure about all the Sumo talk.. Cassar wound up with the only takedown and deserved to win but he definitely was not aggressive; additional stalling calls would've been warranted.  

2 minutes ago, GockeS said:

1. that would be good. maybe coaches would change their strategy.

im not saying cassar should have been called for stalling again. im saying there was not RT

im also gonna go ahead and say there was hands to the face, twice in the last 30 seconds... what was his right hand down for so long below his face... picking steveson's nose? 

I like cassar. but that kind of sticks in my craw.

During Rasheed's match against Ness Ness should have been called for hands to the face and it wasn't called. If you go back to the thread I mentioned it and also said that I was completely fine with it.  It will ruin the sport if ticky tack calls like that decide matches. 

3 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

During Rasheed's match against Ness Ness should have been called for hands to the face and it wasn't called. If you go back to the thread I mentioned it and also said that I was completely fine with it.  It will ruin the sport if ticky tack calls like that decide matches. 

He also would have likely won if he just bailed and gave up the td late in the 3rd.

7 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

they call it all year, but not here?

they called it in several matches... 

the ticky tack might also include a hand being lifted before a foot hits the mat. 

37 minutes ago, pamela said:

Refs have been doing this all tournament/season... guy gets loose but working for a reversal, the ref doesn't give 1 and the RT clock ticks on..

Couple things about the riding time issue. Again I didn't see it and that's not what I'm commenting on. Once the referee signals escape/neutral it almost always takes the person on the table a couple seconds. I'm not saying it's right but they have to look down and get the mouse over the correct icon to get it to stop.

Far as working for a reversal while riding time is still running, they can't still be working for a reversal if an escape is already occurred. And, if an escape has occurred, they have to be both in neutral and facing each other.

Edited by ConnorsDad
Spell

5 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Couple things about the riding time issue. Again I didn't see it and that's not what I'm commenting on. Once the referee signals escape/neutral it almost always takes the person on the table a couple seconds. I'm not saying it's right but they have to look down and get the mouse over the correct icon to get it to stop.

Far as working for a reversal while riding time is still running, they can't still be working for a reversal if an escape is already occurred. And, if an escape has occurred, they have to be both in neutral and facing each other.

in the HWT match... gable is clearly out all cassar has is a hand around waist on their feet, gable has an over hook... no control... ref lets it go 5 or more seconds before giving one

Just now, GockeS said:

in the HWT match... gable is clearly out all cassar has is a hand around waist on their feet, gable has an over hook... no control... ref lets it go 5 or more seconds before giving one

When I watched it on ESPN it looked like Gable was out at 58 secs but Im assuming the ESPN clock and the officials clock may have not been in synch

15 minutes ago, jysupert said:

Cassar won!.  He did what he needed to do. Quit griping like a bunch o' turds. Im upset, but not throwing hissy fits on a board that MIcic and Lee lost. Quit being d-bags

did micic and lee lose on easily fixable calls? 

14 minutes ago, portajohn said:

When I watched it on ESPN it looked like Gable was out at 58 secs but Im assuming the ESPN clock and the officials clock may have not been in synch

it could have been, however, the announcers never said anything like that...usually they have that info...

1 minute ago, GockeS said:

it could have been, however, the announcers never said anything like that...usually they have that info...

I forget what match it was earlier on where they blew the whistle to end the period and the ESPN clock still had a few seconds remaining.  I'm just assuming what we saw on TV isn't what the official clock was.  

no, i think in the age of replay it should be easy to fix the riding time point.

im not mad. i dont care who won. im saying they need to get the call right.

and NOT the stalling call. the riding time.

8 minutes ago, jysupert said:

Ya sound Bitter...Ya mad, Bro?

But No...They got out wrestled, like Gable.  Its that simple

3 minutes ago, GockeS said:

no, i think in the age of replay it should be easy to fix the riding time point.

im not mad. i dont care who won. im saying they need to get the call right.

and NOT the stalling call. the riding time.

They literally  reviewed the RT. They changed it by one second. They did what you want them to do.