HurricaneWrestling2

NCAA Session 4 Thread

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Not sure about that potentially dangerous either... that bailed Yianni out big time. 

I actually think that was a good call and a dumb move by Eierman. He could have scored there if he didn't try to keep driving Yianni's leg over his head, knowing the ref was right there waiting to call PD.

1 minute ago, D3UC157 said:

Looked like McKenna’s goal was getting to the finals? Celebrating like he’s won it all.

He gave up a Stanford degree and transferred to improve on is 3rd place finish and finally did it after a year when his decision looked really shortsighted. Worthy celebration.

I'm impressed with how many athletes I have seen this week-end that are able to trap their opponent on their back for a 2 count in scramble positions.  I really do like the way the position is continuing to develop and grow.  I wanted Dean Heil to stop wrestling that way too, but I thought it was almost personal last season, lol.   

3 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

I thought it’s when you can score back points from neutral without the takedown being rewarded. 

The ref gives a 5 count and if you don't get out of danger, they give the other wrestler a TD and start counting backs.

8 minutes ago, pamela said:

What's the danger zone rule?

Art. 3. Neutral Danger Zone Takedown. When in the neutral position, the referee shall announce a neutral danger signal (NDS) anytime a wrestler exposes their shoulders to the mat at any angle less than 90 degrees (neutral danger zone). The danger zone utilizes near fall criteria outlined in Rule 4.5.1, but replaces 45 degrees with any angle less than 90 degrees. The NDS announcement shall occur anytime a wrestler is voluntarily or involuntarily in the neutral danger zone, beyond reaction time, and will continue until the wrestler is out of the danger zone or a takedown is awarded.

Art. 4. Neutral Danger Signal. The NDS is a verbal announcement of the word "danger," followed by a verbal three count. If the referee reaches the third count and the wrestler is still in the danger zone, the opposing wrestler is awarded a takedown

Just now, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Art. 3. Neutral Danger Zone Takedown. When in the neutral position, the referee shall announce a neutral danger signal (NDS) anytime a wrestler exposes their shoulders to the mat at any angle less than 90 degrees (neutral danger zone). The danger zone utilizes near fall criteria outlined in Rule 4.5.1, but replaces 45 degrees with any angle less than 90 degrees. The NDS announcement shall occur anytime a wrestler is voluntarily or involuntarily in the neutral danger zone, beyond reaction time, and will continue until the wrestler is out of the danger zone or a takedown is awarded.

Art. 4. Neutral Danger Signal. The NDS is a verbal announcement of the word "danger," followed by a verbal three count. If the referee reaches the third count and the wrestler is still in the danger zone, the opposing wrestler is awarded a takedown

Thank you!

I wish I had more reax to give out today. +1

8 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

He gave up a Stanford degree and transferred to improve on is 3rd place finish and finally did it after a year when his decision looked really shortsighted. Worthy celebration.

I'm sure he'll be alright 

Just now, GoNotQuietly said:

Flowrestling has it's faults, but their commentary and interview quality are a thousand times better than ESPN.  Borderline un-listenable and often cringeworthy...

Its helpful when people know something about the sport.