Is he the breakout name of the tournament? Makes the finals as a 8th seed freshman.  Beats Marinelli and Wick along the way.   Not sure too many people saw him as a AA lock before the weekend started let along a finalist. 

Edited by MadMardigain

Lewis is exceptionally athletic...great movement and reaction time. 

He’s got great hips and he throws them fast and hard.

I think his style can be a problem for Cenzo. 

I’m picking Lewis to win by 4 points. 

Stoked that Lewis made the finals and I think he'll be VTs first champ.  If not this year, he'll get it done at some point.  I was glad he was on Marinelli's side of the bracket when it came out.  I thought his quick counter shots would work better against Marinelli's aggressive style.  Plus he had already beaten him in freestyle.  I'm not sure what to think about the matchup with Joseph but he's got a shot.

8 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Cenzo has to figure a way to get Mehki into deep water. Lewis might have just as good or better stone hips than Cenzo. Cenzo's Mom has the good luck charm, though. That woolen hat. 

I’ve picked Mekhi to win for awhile now, but if it happens and they pan to Cenzo’s mom crying, I’m going to lose it

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

I’ve picked Mekhi to win for awhile now, but if it happens and they pan to Cenzo’s mom crying, I’m going to lose it

I don't mind the camera man panning to Cenzo's momma, as long as she has the wooly cap off.

I got Mekhi over Joseph in this one. 

Gray Simons has said many times before that you give him a strong kid with great athletic ability and he could teach them how to wrestle.  ML is going to be tough to deal with over the next few years.

How did Lewis (from NJ) end up at VT and his HS team mate Glasgow ends up at RU?  Would love to know the inside scoop on that!  One is Nat Champ the other didn't even qual for the tournament (granted hurt but won't have the career Lewis will)

48 minutes ago, josephe said:

How did Lewis (from NJ) end up at VT and his HS team mate Glasgow ends up at RU?  Would love to know the inside scoop on that!  One is Nat Champ the other didn't even qual for the tournament (granted hurt but won't have the career Lewis will)

Robie just better at the game than Goodale. 

Edited by MadMardigain