• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JasonBryant

JasonBryant

I love the Goonies.

• Members
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

Another feature of the USA Wrestling Nation is the Officials Education section. In the navigation bar at the top, select videos, then select "Officials Education."

A series of videos will take you through freestyle and Greco-Roman scoring situations and gives you the opportunity to score the moves yourself. You'll find out what the proper scoring should be.

If you don't see the navigation bar or are looking at the boards outside of the framework of the USA Wrestling Nation, click below.

http://www.usawrestl...f_education.php

Don't work here no more. Happy now?

www.mattalkonline.com

#2 lightweight

lightweight

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:06 AM

I think this would be better entitled "Officials Education Videos" if it really is what is described.

Just a thought.

Also, like Rakkasan, I'm not thrilled about being demoted to a "subforum". Just my .02.

#3 JasonBryant

JasonBryant

I love the Goonies.

• Members
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:19 AM

Don't take it as a demotion, just a way of organization.

You're right, I mis-titled the thread. It's been rectified.

www.mattalkonline.com

#4 Refman

Refman
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:14 PM

I realize this is a USA Wrestling site, but it seems you want to focus on FS/GR instead of Folkstyle officiating.

Also...dont like the sub section either.

#5 Rakkasan91

Rakkasan91

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:40 AM

I went through the Greco clips and this is a very innovative feature in my opinion.

Be cool to apply it to some folk-style since we spend a lot more time analyzing high school and college clips.
www.wrestlingref.com
matref@cox.net

#6 JasonBryant

JasonBryant

I love the Goonies.

• Members
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:58 AM

Well, we are the governing body for international wrestling, so it would make sense to try to educate our public on freestyle and Greco rules and scoring. Also need to encourage younger officials to become FS and GR officials or we will be losing key members which drive the events.

www.mattalkonline.com

#7 Refman

Refman
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:17 PM

Not to be argumentative...but isnt FILA the governing body of international wrestling?

#8 JasonBryant

JasonBryant

I love the Goonies.

• Members
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

Not to be argumentative...but isnt FILA the governing body of international wrestling?

... in this country. I guess I didn't finish my complete thought.

www.mattalkonline.com

#9 cashe

cashe

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:20 AM

Are all of the situations the same? If so, on freestyle group one, situation 4, I gave a score of three to the top wrestler (blue I believe). What I saw was blue come around behind but red never went to his knees. So, I saw no takedown. Then blue tried a gutwrench with no success and finally brought him straight backwards. It appeared to me that this was initiated this from their feet with blue landing on his butt and red going straight from feet to back. Blue's action was never stopped even though he did expose himself so I gave no points to red
The correct scoring was different then what I saw. Anyone want to provide an explanation on what I'm seeing wrong?

#10 rjs

rjs

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

Jason,

What would it take to put together a "folkstyle" officials' education section? I know that USAW is the NGB for international styles...but American folkstyle is still the most wrestled style in the US. USAW has sanctioned national events in this style for years as well, so it would seem that it is in everyone's best interest.

Serious question...what would it take? Anything I can do to help?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users