pish6969

To all my PSU brothers...please stay away haters

Just gotta say, super proud of the boys once again. It’s simple for us fans to write down names every year and pencil guys in as champs, finalists and AAs. But it’s another thing for these guys to consistently make us all look smart.

This is a GRUELING tourney. Everyone looking to knock us down. Look at all the huge upsets. Yeah we lost Shak earlier than we expected but thankfully our “penciled” in guys continue to get through the land mines.

This tourney is survive and advance, and it takes a lot to navigate. To have 4 guys that have made finals in every attempt at this tournament is really something unheard of.

What a story for Cassar..from backup to finalist and possible champ while slaying the kid almost everyone predicted to win since day 1 and he did it twice.

RBY..AA true frosh in a killer weight
Berge..went 2-2 and will be able to eat again
Shak..hope he gets a 6th year, would hate to see him go out like that. The knee was more of an issue than any of us thought.
Nick Lee..so consistent and still going for 3rd.

Just a joy to be a fan of this team.

Soon, this tourney will be over and fans from other teams will get creative in the off season writing down names an placements for their guys and writing down how “they” are the favorite next year. It’s fun for them for sure but WE know what’s up. WE believe in Cael and the future is bright!

Enjoy the rest of the day fellas!

Please stay away haters? Why wouldn't you post this on BWI instead of on here if you only want PSU support?

Umm..because this is a different forum with a different set of fans.

Not everyone here is on BWI and vica versa. I post on both but not everyone does. Many on BWI won’t step foot here because of so much stupid talk

45 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

Shak..hope he gets a 6th year, would hate to see him go out like that. The knee was more of an issue than any of us thought.

Not me.  Hearing Aaron Brooks is the real deal.  Goodbye Shak.  Thanks

Great post, pish. Haters gonna hate. Your post says it all about the PSU wrestling program. 

Yep..and I don’t want this to become a beat our chests and brag.

I just feel when you accomplish something, it’s ok to acknowledge it without beating others down. Today is our day to celebrate!

We’ll have plenty of time in the near future to battle other fan bases in hypotheticals.

Just now, pish6969 said:

Yep..and I don’t want this to become a beat our chests and brag.

I just feel when you accomplish something, it’s ok to acknowledge it without beating others down. Today is our day to celebrate!

We’ll have plenty of time in the near future to battle other fan bases in hypotheticals.

You get 1! :)

Did Brooks or Beard wrestle at Midland's? 

Brooks did. Didn’t do great. Won a couple matches but his dad said he was sick as a dog and you can tell. He almost lost his lunch in a loss to Christensen from Wisconsin

4 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

Many on BWI won’t step foot here because of so much stupid talk

Is that a promise?

RBY still has a ways to go if he is expected to be a Nolf/Nickal replacement. Berge has zero offense (food ain't gonna help). Shak Has one 7th place finish to his name and wasn't able to get it done this year even though Seeding Committee gave him every advantage. I wouldn't be out hope for next year with him. Hell, Ethan Lofthouse was a more credentialed wrestler at this point in his career. 

Just now, pish6969 said:

Brooks did. Didn’t do great. Won a couple matches but his dad said he was sick as a dog and you can tell. He almost lost his lunch in a loss to Christensen from Wisconsin

Yeah, I didn't see any of the matches outside the finals. I don't know much at all about the potential new guys PSU would have at the upper weights.

Is that a promise?

RBY still has a ways to go if he is expected to be a Nolf/Nickal replacement. Berge has zero offense (food ain't gonna help). Shak Has one 7th place finish to his name and wasn't able to get it done this year even though Seeding Committee gave him every advantage. I wouldn't be out hope for next year with him. Hell, Ethan Lofthouse was a more credentialed wrestler at this point in his career. 

Bring your negative talk to your own teams thread..guess you didn’t get the memo

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Yeah, I didn't see any of the matches outside the finals. I don't know much at all about the potential new guys PSU would have at the upper weights.

I forgot but Brooks did wrestle at Midlands with I think the flu.  He followed that up by winning the Dave Schultz classic.  I think without giving up a point.  I'm hearing he's been mostly at the OTC and is starting to score points on Burroughs and Dake.  Impressive for an 18 year old

Honest question to you PSU fans. Are you worried about Teske being your guy at 125 next year? I was probably in the minority, but I saw him in high school quite about and was not upset about not getting him. I thought Alex Thomsen was the best get out of the class but he went to Nebraska where he will most likely under achieve.

6 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Is that a promise?

They'll show up to wrestle this time next year. One way or another the title will still have to go thru Penn State next year. You'll see. 

1 minute ago, portajohn said:

I forgot but Brooks did wrestle at Midlands with I think the flu.  He followed that up by winning the Dave Schultz classic.  I think without giving up a point.  I'm hearing he's been mostly at the OTC and is starting to score points on Burroughs and Dake.  Impressive for an 18 year old

I dont take too much stock in that. Remember when Isaiah White was beating Burroughs in the room?