Giovanni

NCAA Session 5 Thread

Iowa breakdown from the medal round:

133:  Pletcher stalled, Desanto should have won.  He would have lost to Micic though.  Did a good job against Erneste, who also stalled.

149:  Terrible wrestling from Lugo after the 1st period and match management by choosing down in the third.  Degen's takedown in the second was really impressive.

157:  Young got worked by Pantaleo, and then got lucky against Deakin.  That was a bad call.  The god thing is that he legitimately beat him once in this tournament and this match was also razor close, considering how easily Deakin beat him at Midlands.

165:  Marinelli did his job in this match, but a real let down of a tournament for him.  I thought Lewis stalled his ass off, but Marstellar just straight beat him.

197:  Nice match from Warner, but he needs to be better than 7th.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

133:  Pletcher stalled, Desanto should have won.  He would have lost to Micic though.  Did a good job against Erneste, who also stalled.

I'm not convinced that Desanto initiated any more action than Pletcher. He managed to grab Pletcher by the head and push him around quite a bit, but I don't interpret that as action. 

25 minutes ago, iGranby said:

Bresser just dancin' on that 8th place stand.

Im really impressed with Foley, and MSU- they had at least 1 other in the blood round, right? Thats awesome. 

Their only othe match winner was Caffey, who went 2-2