Giovanni

NCAA Session 5 Thread

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Everyone stalls against Iowa, especially when they win. 

that match was yet another example of how folk needs to adopt a step out rule immediately... this ambiguous stall call for backing out and then stall call for pushing is ridiculous... kids all over this planet learn how to stand their ground and circle to keep wrestling...

11 minutes ago, leshismore said:

Did anyone lose in the first round and make it to 3 rd or 4th?

No.  285 - Hemida, MD, had a chance to-- lost his 2nd, and made it all the way back to Consol Semis.  

Edited by Holtfan

1 minute ago, LJB said:

that match was yet another example of how folk needs to adopt a step out rule immediately... this ambiguous stall call for backing out and then stall call for pushing is ridiculous... kids all over this planet learn how to stand their ground and circle to keep wrestling...

Kids should get better with throws to counter that forward pressure, but I am all for adopting the push-out point in college!

After seeing Desanto push pletcher out 3 times and have it called 3 different ways by the same ref I've come to the conclusion that college wrestling needs a step-out rule.  Its the only way to make this make sense.  Maybe its a stall call and not a point, and it only happens if both wrestlers are on their feet (similar to freestyle).  Sure it would take some adapting to but I think it would ultimately lead to much better matches

1 minute ago, buckshot1969 said:

I heard that Spencer Lee is already at the arena. Meanwhile Mueller is still at the hotel and the ref still hasn't even warned him for stalling.

Mueller's busy eating breakfast #3; getting ready for brunch #1 of 4 before regular lunch.

35 minutes ago, lost said:

Whelp... I think in another thread people were trying to figure out the longest NCAA tenure, I think we might have solved it.  97 year old that's been coming for 68 years???

Quit exaggerating - he's only 96. 

Seriously though, Rummy's a legend: http://www.iowawrestlinghalloffame.com/inductees/rometo-macias.html

Edited by HurricaneWrestling2