Giovanni

NCAA Session 5 Thread

That's garbage... I can understand missing it during the course of action, but when you get a slowmo replay how on earth do you not call that?  That wasn't even controversial.  100% 2 and control before the end of period scramble where they awarded 2 after time expired.  NW coach with the right challenge and refs with a blown call

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Similar to the Hidlay no takedown.

I thought that was a TD too but this was way more clear cut. The Hidlay one was a split second hands down thing.  Deakin had control for a full 2-3 seconds here

Just now, pamela said:

Sounds like they only reviewed the TD call, and not like 5 seconds before when Deakin had the takedown but it wasn't called?

Yes, but then Storniolo challenged specifically that and they went back and watched it and still didn't call.  I'm baffled.  This wasn't a judgement call where you could argue it going a different way.  There have been some other bad calls this tournament but I can usually at least see the argument for the other side.

I think they reviewed the one that happened right at the buzzer. Not sure if they even looked at the earlier position. If they looked at the earlier one and didn't see it, then I am confused. 

Edited by TBar1977

Sounds like they only reviewed the TD call, and not like 5 seconds before when Deakin had the takedown but it wasn't called?
They said initially that's what they reviewed, but then reviewed the rest after Storniolo challenged.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The refs on the mat should not handle their own video reviews. They are biased innately. Why not just have a complete 3rd party do all the reviews? 

All they see is the action without context and make a call. Wouldn't even be hard to do this.